14. It's Halloween Time!

Halloween!

It is Evie's new favorite holiday!

(Actually, she doesn't remember any other holiday besides this one).

It didn't matter thought! Halloween is her favorite holiday! Pietro is here!

Back to her, next to her, wrapping her in the longest hug she had received in a long, long time -Evie had realized just then that she hadn't hugged no one in West View except from Wanda and the twins and Evie really loved hugs!

Almost as much as the twins adored their Uncle Pietro, and (although Evie felt a little jealous about that). Truth is that ever since they had met him, Tommy and Billy had done nothing more than kiss the ground where Pietro walked and imitate him in all his actions.

Likewise and no matter what, they were still Evie's darlings  little ones.

To say that Billy and Tommy were a little jealous of their Uncle Pietro was an understament.

It was a mixed feeling, of course - Uncle Pietro was funny, after all, he was permissive in ways Mom and Dad would never be, and witty in ways Auntie Evie would never think of.

Uncle Pietro was great, but he wasn't Auntie Evie!

He didn't wake them up sneakily to go eat ice cream without their parents knowledge, nor he had been the first person to support them with his first mischief (Sparky, the dog for whom the twins still felt a little sad about).

They missed Auntie Evie! Since Uncle Pietro had arrived, she spent a lot of time around him -She practically did not separate from him at all.

She seemed very happy next to him, the happiest they had ever seen her in their entire life.

Now, she uses a lot more perfume, she combs her hair differently and wears a lip gloss that dyes her lips light pink.

The twins were happy for her, of course!

But, for a day and a half (a considerable time for all of what Tommy and Billy had lived general), Auntie Evie no longer helped them to cut their breakfasts into animal shapes, nor did she help nor taught them to make their hairstyles look cool. She didn't played Portals with them neither.

She just sat with Uncle Pietro –sometimes on top of him–, and they talk for a long time until she gets over tired and falls asleep.

They also dances, from time to time and without any music, most of the time, or to songs that they could never keep up the pace with.

"Why does Aunt Evie want to spend so much time with you?"

Tommy had asked the question in the first night, despite the wise advice of his brother Billy.

He didn't seem to sense that there was something strange about Uncle Pietro.

No one else in the town did, just Billy, Mom and Dad.

Especially not Aunt Evie, who now sleeps with her head on Uncle Pietro's shoulder and Billy's blanket covering her.

"Easy," answered Uncle Pietro, with a huge smile that went from ear to ear, "because she is my girlfriend."

Girlfriend? What was a girlfriend?

They had never thought of the concept before, but the words quickly formed in their brains.

Boyfriend and girlfriend, uh? Like a relationship, like more than friends, like...

"Girlfriend?" Tommy asked, "like Mom and Dad?"

"Something like that."

If they were anything like Mom and Dad, that meant Uncle Pietro would have to go to Aunt Evie's house soon, sleep there, and show up with her every morning to visit them, as Auntie Evie always did.

Maybe not.

Maybe if Uncle Pietro went to Aunt Evie's, then they would spend all their time together, immersed in each other and the twins would never see them again!

Also, if they were a couple, like Mom and Dad and the other neighbors, that meant...

Are you having kids too?” The words escaped Billy's mouth before he could prevent it.

Silly he!

Auntie Evie shifted over her position on the couch, still asleep, but her expression had gone from one of calm to something akin to discomfort.

Uncle Pietro's face clouded and his grip on Aunt Evie's shoulders tightened.

"Don't talk nonsense," He replied, and leaning slightly to be closer to them. He then whispered in the lowest tone the twins had ever heard, "don't say such nonsense in front of Evie, ever. Okay?"

And then, he had stared at them, with his huge dark eyes, his first time being serious, and the twins had nodded and ran into the yard to escape the next possible scolding.

I fucked the fic's order by posting yesterday's chapter soooo its double update for today