21. Nevestka

NINE YEARS AND EIGHT MONTHS AGO

Their relationship had evolved rapidly, even by Eve's predictions.

One date had turned into two, two dining dates had turned into long conversations about restaurants to go to (Even though Pietro hardly ever ate out) and how to prepare various dishes (Even though Eve never cooked ).

And an important snippet from those conversations, which was something like:

P: I get out of work at 9 but i am alredy hungry.
E: You r always hungry !! ;)
P: Don't act like its a me thing!

Then, Eve had had no choice but to send him, half an hour later a "I bought two casserole chicken dishes, and Evan is out for the day. Do you want me to drop by your work? If you're hungry enough;)"

And stopping by to deliver him food (Sometimes a whole lunch, sometimes something as simple as a small packet of Skittles) had become part of Eve's routine (Very much against Evan's will).

And that routine had led them there (she had brought it, specifically), to be entering the kitchen of Pietro's home for a family dinner.

It was a small place, barely bigger than the studio that Eve rented in that dimension (Sure, hers was not nearly as warm as Pietro's home, nor could it be accessed without using a portal).

Through one of their talks between food and meal (because yes, they did talk about something more than food, although it was their most recurrent theme), Pietro had commented that they were alone, only his sister and he against the world, making their way out as they could.

Eve wanted to help him, to help them, in some way, she really wanted to. After such a short time (enough if it was in relation to her continued stay just in one place) she had come to take a certain affection for the boy...

But how was Eve going to explain to him that she could get what they needed because she could access any part of the universe with a wave of her hands?

She wouldn't definitely.

Still, it was nice to see that Pietro's home clearly reflected his mentioned lifestyle. He was undoubtedly a very honest man.

The home was a small apartment with low ceilings and a dark floor, sparsely furnished but littered with family paintings and vases with various kinds of plants and flowers. Beautiful like no other house, apartment, or mansion Eve had ever seen in her life.

Clearly, she had to rebrand her own home.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Eve said to Wanda the moment she met her, sticking her hand out to be hold "My name's Evangelina but everyone calls me Eva or Eve"

Wanda Maximoff looked a lot like her brother in that dimension - They were both tall, slim, with light eyes and dark hair.

Wanda's hair was particularly beautiful.

It was of a strong color, dark brown. Slightly longer than Eve's, which was lowered to the middle of her back in a perfect cascade of smooth, straight white bristles. Wanda's hair fell in soft waves below her elbows, just above her hips.

It was incredibly beautiful hair. Evangelina really wanted to touch it.

"You have an Evie type of face, can I call you that?"

Wanda had firmly shook her hand. An honest smile plastered from the corners of her mouth to the lines that formed her pale eyes as she doubled over.

"Told you" Pietro quickly jumped to tell to his sister after they just shake hands "You two are going to be very good friends!"

"How could we know?" Wanda had said, rolling her eyes "You've talked about it non-stop the last two months" She halfly joked, then she focused again on Eve "Want to have dinner now or later, nevestka?"

Eve did know sokovian. She wasn't fluent nor anything remotely closed but she sure as hell recognized the word used to refer to your brother's girlfriend.

She unconsciously blushed.

Wanda nudged her twin on his ribs for attention, but he hardly understood her signal because he was too distracted watching Evie's face.

She couldn't help but softly laugh at the view of the lovely, dumbfolded couple.

Wanda could like this girl for her brother.

Maybe.

Just maybe.

HEADCANONs:

1) THE TWINS STRUGGLE IN LIFE BEFORE AOU
2) They spoke broke english because they didn't practice that much (Eve also speaks it weird bc she has an accent).

Where do you think Eve could be from? (Country, city, planet, ...)

I'll read your comments👀👀