15. Skittles are Evie's favorite candies

Pietro had insisted on taking Father-for-a-Day's place and the twins were more than delighted with the idea.

Well, more Tommy than Billy.

Eve found it charming: Pietro hadn't been there for a long time, but the bond he already had with his nephews was undeniable.

He naturally was very good with children!

Walking alone with Wanda didn't bother her, in fact, Evie loved being in her company –After all, Wanda was one of her first, and best, friends.

She didn't even mind not remembering how they'd met.

"How you feel?" Her sister in law asked.

Wanda looked spectacular in her witch costume –It didn't matter that she repeated the fortune-telling word so many times. Witches were always witches and it was easier for Eve that way.

Wanda kept the same perfect shapely and beautiful body as before her pregnancy -Which was a bit weird, since Evie had had many stretch marks and sagging (thanks to her dry and delicate skin) when she had...

When she had been ...

...

What was she thinking of?

Her mind had gone blank.

When had she been what?

"Like in a dream," Evie had answered, smiling placidly. She looked into her sister-in-law again. "Thank you, " She said, "I missed him very much."

Her answer seemed to unsettle Wanda, for some reason.

"Uh ..." Wanda hesitated, "I just wanted to ask ..."

"Ha-Ha-Halloween!"

Herb had interrupted their conversation, conveniently for Evie. He was dressed as Frankenstein and his facial makeup was flawless. As everything always was in West View.

“Herb!” Evie exclaimed, “Happy Halloween! What's cracking up, big boy?

"Ladies," their neighbor Herb replied happily, "Everything's good although the communal surveillance has reported theft of sweets," He told them, knocking the bright smile off Wanda's face.

Evie still didn't understand a thing. Her head felt so very fluzzy.

Herb's communicator jingled and he pressed it to his ear, “Pumpkin squash and spray vandalism. I get it"

Around them, a bright platinum-blue trail surrounded the area, and, although Herb didn't seem to notice anything, Evie and Wanda got quite nervous.

"You could ask Vision for help with that," Wanda suggested innocently, trying to divert attention from the misdeeds of her brother and her children.

"Yeah," Eve said, continuing with the alibi, "You can tell him it's a busy night, huh?"

"Yes, I would, sure," Herb said, "but Vision's not on duty today, ma'am."