28. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

II

THREE WEEKS AGO.

Pietro had been murdered. And alone, Eve couldn't go back to the time nor place when Peter was still alive.

Joy had died in her sleep.

Evan had betrayed her, left her alone to die.

Eve cried for the third time in her life.

So many years surviving the impossible for what?

Eve wished to be dead instead. She had remained weightless and absent after the snap that had brought her back to life, five years later in that dimension from hell.

For a brief time, she didn't existed. Just united to the cosmos, to the universe from which she had emerged.

And so much time had passed by since it... But her feelings and views about herself remained the same.

Eve was a demon. An agent of chaos. The only thing she opened up to in her path was destruction.

So many years seeking revenge. So many years vanished into nothingness. And now that she had finally returned home, thewas no one to return to.

I just wanna sleep
I just wanna sleep
I just wanna sleep

Im so tired
So so so tired

Please help me
Please let me sleep

Im so tired

Eve staggered between the walls of her old home, totally drunk. With Evan they had never allowed themselves to drink alcohol but Pietro adored a good beer. It seemed just logical then that her first drunkenness would be in that department.

Memories were going to destroy her.

Stupid her!

She should have put herself first, her life, her daughter, the family she had. The perfect life that she could have lived.

She just had to put herself first for a fraction of a second. She just had to say No.

Just no.

More alcohol rolled down her throat. She no longer felt the sting of the first few drinks, just the depressing taste of it. She supposed it was good.

Please let me sleep

She held a frame in her shaking hands. Her tears hitting the nude photograph. She hadn't even had time to get another crystal. Always busy, always traveling.

In the photo, Pietro was smiling, as beautifully as he always used to do.

Wanda said her brother didn't usually smile a lot, but with Eve he always did it. That photo was a living memory of every moment next to him.

Please take me with you
Im so tired
Please
I dont wanna be here, darling

How long had it been since she visited her old house? Three years for her, ten for all the inhabitants of that world.