20. Tommy's got a cool power, Billy's got a wicked curse

Auntie Evie was going around giving the extra candies that uncle Pietro had gave her to some random kids in the street.

She seemed so much happier that before, when she only laughed and interact with them and their family.

Now, she was talking and laughing around with other kids and complimenting their costumes.

It was good to have her around, to have her very, very happy.

Billy really wanted to feel completely good to enjoy the night but, since the beginning of that day, something felt wrong inside him.

He had told Tommy, of course, but his twin dismissed it as a consequence of being what one would call "too worrysome".

Still, the ache in his head hadn't stop.

He could have endured it, he innocently thought, but that had been before the visions began.

He had been terrified when the first one had invaded him. He had felt like being inside a movie, like being a rookie actor without lines or script.

Billy had started out feeling somewhat subtle things, like hearing comments that he knew he shouldn't have heard and then realizing that no one had spoken, then having almost exact forebodings of things that were going to happen.

And finally, images. Horrible images.

Daddy lying on the floor, covered by some kind of... some kind of transparent rubber. Billy could feel his pain, his agony, his confusion... his despair.

By the time the image had become more or less clear, Tommy was already next to him, looking at him with that strange expression that his twin used only with him.

Daddy on the floor. Real soldiers. Real weapons. Danger.

"MOM!" Billy yelled out loud, almost unaware that he had. Out of sheer inertia, as he always did when he or his brother had a problem.

Before they could even start running back, auntie Evie was there, looking at them with those big blue eyes of her.

"Are you ok !?" She nervously asked, reaching out her arms to touch their faces. She was relieved a little when she felt the warm skin of her nephews under her fingers "What's happening?"

"There's something ..." Billy started "Something is happening to Dad"

In a blink of their eyes, the three of them appeared in front of mom and uncle Pietro. The twins' glare was blurry. Consequence of traveling throught their Auntie's powers.

Auntie Evie didn't even bother to hide her powers, as mom and dad told her to.

She seemed really worried (And Tommy sensed her anxiety too)

"My dears ..." Momma had said when they got to them "What's wrong?"

Uncle Pietro was, of course, briefly checking on Auntie Evie first than anything else. She held his hands between hers.

"I saw dad" Billy said, his head still hurting from an ache so horrible he couldn't start to explain "I think he's dying"

"What !?"

Mom seemed paler, a clear sign that maybe, just maybe, those images weren't just in Billy's mind.

"Don't worry sis" Uncle Pietro quickly chimed in, breaking Auntie's touch "Your dead husband can't die twice"

It was the flick of a heart: Uncle Pietro flew through air, impulsed by mom's red power and auntie Evie's eyes went from beautiful blue to pure white.

Neither Tommy nor Billy had ever seen her like that.

Becoming... What?

/Die twice? Is daddy dying... again?/

A kind of scary monster?

Auntie's skin went paler, snow white tone. Her hair started to float around her head and her lips went to pure red in a matter of a second.

"Wanda" Auntie Evie's voice went harsher "What did you do, Wanda?"

Billy had never been this scared in all his life.

"I need you to focus" Momma immediately said, turning to stare at him, paying no attention to anything but him. "Focus Billy"