30. MY LIFE MY LOVE MY DRIVE

"What are you doing here?"

Evangelina Ra'lk-Uar had been many things: A liar, a murderer, a dictator.

She had brought down entire empires, conquered planets, tamed the wildest and most unsuspected beasts. She had known galaxies beyond human understanding. She had preyed on the strong and on the weak equally, carrying with the heaviness of secrets that only a million worlds with billions of histories could hold.

She had murdered so many versions of herself with her very own hands that (If she didn't know better about the infinity of the multiverse) she would doubt that any other of her would be left alive out there.

Evangelina cheated life when odds weren't on her favor as she survived everytime she should've died. She cheated time, as it couldn't touch her when she traveled out of its reach. Evangelina was a cheater.

But what Evangelina definitely isn't: A good fighter.

Her pain resistance equals almost zero. It may seem counterintuitive but, when you're powerful enough to escape any attack before it occurs and hit hard before anyone else can foresee it, you hardly ever need to have any pain resistance.

Had she ever been hit? Yes. Few times in a row. And she hated every single second of it. She learned to be always prepare for a battle.

So that's why Eve knows there is going to be a fight when she sees who is causing the noise in front of Wanda's house.

Her mind goes on full alert to see Agent Rambeau on the sidewalk in front of her sister-in-law's house, but what focuses all of her senses on the urgency of attacking is the silver hexagonal sparks from a specific kind of portal, the kind she knows very well.

That son of a bitch...

Evan appears in front of her, a few steps away. So close that Eve can see the new frown lines between his brows, probably caused by so much frowning (Being angry had always been his thing) and smell his natural scent of oranges.

He doesn't look very different from the last time she saw him, right outside the protective barriers she had created for her home. And if she didn't remember him wrong (Since the memories of that meeting are blurred within her deranged mind), he hadn't even changed the way he combed that white hair of his.

"Eva..." Evan mutters under his breath, extending his hands without index fingers towards her "Close this hell hole, you know you have to do it."

Her heart beats hard against her chest, in her throat.

Hearing his voice, feeling him so close to her made her feel weak, vulnerable, alone again. Suffocated.

There was a time when Evan was everything Eve had ever had. A beautiful time.

They grew up closer than anyone else, they only had each other for so long that it felt like no other people existed. Evan was herself, the other half of her soul. He had a history so similar, so alikely that Eve could feel herself in his past.

He just happened to come from a different universe, a darker one. But he loved each one of his worlds.

He was obsessed with protecting them.