11. Eve Couldn't Have Been Happier

For Evie, this morning had been the beginning of an unusual day.

She had woken up, brushed her teeth, showered and dressed, and then a deep need to go to Wanda's house came over to her.

She ran down the street, her gorgeous blue dress fluttering between her legs. Her new Siamese cat followed her until the fifth house in her street and then she caught a glimpse of a patch of platinum hair.

Pietro, she was told by a voice in her head, you want to be with Pietro.

Pietro? Evie wondered.

Pietro!

She was on top of him long before she could have realized it. Nestled in the entrance to Wanda's garden. He had caught her mid-air with his strong arms, not very surprised (He was never one to be surprised).

He was smiling.

Evie inhaled the menthol scent that covered him, a comfortable, familiar scent, and finally, WestView ended up becoming her home.

"Pet! I missed you so much!'

He didn't look exactly the same as how she remembered him, but she knew who he was, even if she didn't exactly remember how or where she had seen him before.

Evie knew that face.

"I thought you forgot about me," she confessed, grasping the fabric of his jacket with her fingers.

Her home had finally returned.

"I missed you too," Pietro whispered, in a much calmer and more intimate tone than the one he used to speak to his brother-in-law or his nephews or even to his sister, "but I'm home now," he had said. "I would never forget about you, Evie, not about my girl."

She might as well have passed out there, live and direct. And she wouldn't have been happier.

Pietro smiled at her and Evie forgot all the previous sadness and uncertainty, that gray veil that covered her sight. Now everything had hearts for cover.

Wanda then smiled brightly, hanging from the arms of her twin brother, her sister-in-law was finally smiling honestly.

Vision was just as confused as he was the night before, and the twins were peeking through the stair railings to secretly spy on the adults.

DAILY UPDATE TWICE BECAUSE I FORGOT TO POST BECAUSE I HAD A CRISIS BC YESTERDAY'S EPISODE SEND HELP