Jealousy is ugly [James March X reader]

Word count: 1218

Written by chloefranco on Tumblr, definitely give them a follow!!

Summary: James gets overly jealous all the time and is usually calm about it but when he sees reader talking to Donovan, he gets extremely mad and fed up. He tells reader how he feels and she gets upset as he yells at her. He feels bad about it and apologizes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were at the bar talking to Liz when Donovan showed up and sat down next to you. Donovan was a good friend of yours. He slumped down in the seat next to you and rolls his eyes hard.

"Two shots of whiskey." He told Liz with just the wave of his hand, making Liz roll her eyes as she went to prepare his shots.

"What's wrong with you?" You asked as you looked at him with concern.

"Elizabeth is driving me crazy. One minute she's all over me then the next she's off hanging out with that Tristan guy. Why does she like to play with me?" He complained as he downed the two shots of whiskey.

"I'm sorry, Donovan. Maybe you should just tell her how you feel exactly. That's what I would do." You said as you placed your hand on his shoulder in a caring way. You squeezed his shoulder and he looked up at you and smiled.

"Thanks, (Y/N). But as if she'll listen to me."

He's got a point. She is the countess after all. Besides, why are you even willing to give him advice? Elizabeth was honestly kinda scary. You were about to say something more until you saw James, your husband. He was upstairs, leaning on his cane in front of the railing. He had a straight face on but you knew that face. The face that told you he wasn't pleased. You looked back at Donovan and rolled your eyes. "James?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. Sorry, Donovan. I'll see you later." You said as you got up and made your way to the elevator. You didn't want to deal with him honestly. This always happens but he never just stared at you with no emotion in his eyes. Usually he'd make a joke and then made sure the other guy knew you weren't available. But something told you it was different now. He knew Donovan's your friend so the fact that he's mad about it pisses you off. You finally reached his office, Room 64. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" His accent pronouncing every word perfectly, You rolled your eyes, knowing he knew it was you but still wanted you to say it was you.

"It's me, (Y/N)."

"Come in, dear."

You pushed the door opened gently, looking around the room. You finally saw him sitting down on his office chair, staring at you with an unreadable expression but you weren't scared of him. He had his hands clasped together on the table. "Take a seat." He said, gesturing to the seat in front of his desk.

"Why? I'll just stand." You said as you crossed your arms against your chest nervously.

"Dearest, please. Why do you act like a stranger? Am I not your husband?" He said. You didn't answer him as you bit your tongue to fight back your words. "You do know what you did right?" He added as he poured himself some absinthe.

"You're lucky I did not kill him on the spot. I would if he was not already dead." James said with so much venom in his voice.

"James, that was nothing. He wasn't flirting with me. I swear. We were just talking. We're friends after all. Am I not allowed to talk to other men?" You argued trying to push down all your mean words but he was just making you so angry.

"Oh really? The way you touched his shoulder...I'd say you were cheating on me, dearest." He scoffed. "I give you everything your little heart desires, new clothes, money, expensive dinners and all I want in return is your love but you just love to hurt me by socializing with these other men who are way lower than me! I'd think you were just using me."

You fought back your tears. You can't believe he had such little faith in you. You couldn't believe he'd accuse you of cheating. You couldn't believe he thinks you love him just for his money and the things he gives you.You loved James so much and all he does is gets jealous over every little contact you make with another guy. You balled your hands in fists and dug your fingernails into the palms of your hands. You turned around and started to walk to the door to leave but James stopped you.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said sternly, grabbing your hand. You pulled it away as tears left your eyes.

"Screw off, James. I can't believe you really think I'm in just for your money. I'm not like that. I'm sorry you thought I was. But I'm not. I'm leaving." You said as you made your way down the hall to your room before he could stop you again.

You slid down on the floor of your room with tears already spilling out from your eyes. You pulled your knees up and hid your face in it. You weren't actually going to leave. You loved him too much. But he just really hurt you and you needed space. You didn't know how long you were crying for.and you didn't even hear the door open but you felt someone touch your back. You looked up with a tear stained face to see James kneeling down in front of you. He looked at you with so much love and regret. You didn't want to fight anymore. Honestly, you never really fought so this was really hard for you. He cupped your face and wiped your already dried tears with his thumbs. You wrapped your arms around his neck and cried softly into his neck. He held onto you tightly, feeling deep regret.

"My deepest apologies, my darling. I'm kicking myself for saying all those vile things. I'm so sorry. I love you. I really do. I'm sorry I get so upset whenever you talk to Donovan. I'm just scared you'll end up leaving me for him or anyone else. I promise I will not get upset anymore." He said against your cheek.

You turned until your faces were close to each other, noses touching. "I'm sorry I left. I didn't mean it. I promise I really do love you. I'm not using you at all. Please believe me."

"I do, sweetheart. I do. I was the one who overreacted. And I do feel so shameful for my actions. I'm sorry I hurt you. It hurts me more than it hurts you that you're hurt. And the fact that I caused your pain, kills me. Forgive me, darling," He said as he moved closer and bumped your noses together. You gave him a small smile as he smiled back.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry we fought. I love you, James. I really do."

"As do I, my love." He said as he placed a soft kiss on your lips.