We'll Figure It Out [Jimmy Darling x Reader]

Originally posted and written by crappywriting on Tumblr

Warnings: none really just a lot of fluff

Word count: 690

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jimmy? Sweetheart?” You call throughout the main tent. You had been everywhere looking for your boyfriend yet he was nowhere to be seen. The last place you were checking was the tent, where he would hopefully be. “I seriously hope you’re in here, Darling, or I am not going to be a happy camper,” you say to yourself. He had been MIA most of the day and no one had seen him. It was starting to get dark and you were becoming worried.

The lights in the tent suddenly come up before dimming again and a spotlight is being shone on the curtains. Rose petals are scattered along the aisle between the old wooden seats and candles are burning along the edge of the stage.

You’re stuck in awe at the scene in front of you. Tears start to well in your eyes, blurring your vision. The curtains open up to reveal your boyfriend standing in the middle of the stage, hands behind his back and a huge smile on his face. He’s dressed in one of the nicest things he owned, a collared shirt and a clean pair of jeans. Ever since you left your old life to come live with Jimmy, your life had changed for the better. He was the best thing that could have ever happened to you.

“Hey, Doll,” Jimmy smirks. “Come here.”

He motions for you to make your way to the stairs. You quickly wipe your tears and make your way towards your lovely boyfriend. As you carefully walk up the wooden stairs with a few creaks, Jimmy patiently waits for you to stand with him. When you get to him, he looks you in the eyes and takes your hands in his. He slowly gets down on one knee and you can feel your heart pounding in your chest and tears are running down your cheeks. Jimmy is starting to sweat a little in front of you and his voice is trapped in his throat. He pulls out a little velvet box to reveal a simple but gorgeous ring.

“(Y/N), you are the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. You have made me a better man and I have no idea what my life would be like without you in it, and I don’t want to even imagine what it could end up like. I may not be able to give you the most extravagant things that life can offer but I want to be with you for the rest of my life, and hopefully you feel the same way. So, (Y/N), will you do me the honor of being my wife?” Jimmy asks, nerves taking over him. He takes a deep breath to attempt to calm himself as he waits for your answer.

“Jimmy, are you sure that you want to do this? I didn’t think you would be the kind of guy to want to get married.” You point out.

“This is exactly what I want. I want to make you happy for the rest of my time here on this earth. You are my ultimate goal. So, what do you say? Will you marry me?” Jimmy questions again.

You wipe the spare tears from your eyes with the back of your hand. “Yes. Of course I’ll marry you, Darling.”

All the freaks walk out from behind the stage, clapping wildly and shouting their good wishes. His smile gets wider if that’s even possible and he stands. He plucks the ring from the box and shakily slides the ring on to your finger. As soon as he does, you wrap your arms around his neck and cry.

“Are you alright, sweetheart?” Jimmy rubs your back lovingly, trying not to cry himself.

“Yes, I’m alright. I’m just so happy, but Jimmy, what are we going to do about rings?” You point out worriedly.

“I didn’t even think about that,” Jimmy says with a smirk. “We’ll figure it out, babe. We’ll figure it out.”