Don't Be Afraid of Me [Michael Langdon x Reader]

Written by kyliehorsegirl on Tumblr, definitely give them a follow!

Warnings: None really

Word Count: 1904

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Constance died, Michael was sad and lonely, most of the spirits in the house wanted nothing to do with him. Ben tried his whole father thing but Michael needed more. He met Y/n right before Constance killed herself. She was a young girl in the neighborhood that he was drawn to. He never had friends before.

He would follow her around like a lost puppy that needed comfort. She was happy to give it to him. Her home life was nothing special, a burn out dad and a busy working mom. Y/n basically had free reign to do what she wanted. She spent a lot of time with him, but she never picked up on the weird behaviors. He always wanted to bring her dead things, but he managed to keep that at bay, at least with Y/n. It didn’t stop him from gifting his grandmother with carcasses. She started to notice all the roses in the garden, but never mentioned it.

He really liked her. He wanted to show her who he really was.

“Don’t freak out ok?” He said one day, they were outside hanging out when he revealed on of his powers. He made fire. She was scared at first but thought it was super cool. Over time he showed her a few more things he learned how to do. Michael had ways about him that seemed innocent and childish. For the age she thought he was, she found it odd.

After Constance died Michael chose to stay at murder house, waiting for her ghost to appear. Ben showed up, explaining how that wouldn’t happen. Ben did however, take him under his wing. Michael graved the parenting, the attention, the love. Y/n had walked up the steps of murder house, hoping to find him. He beamed up at her as he opened the door, welcoming her in.

He gave her an innocent tour of the house. None of the spirits showed themselves to her. Ben allowed her to see him, he felt like Y/n was good for Michael. Y/n had seen the interaction between Michael and ‘Tate’. To say it was awkward was an understatement. Y/n was extremely uncomfortable as Ben held back Tate as he screamed obscenities at Michael.

“I just wanted to be like you dad.” Y/n had never seen him so vulnerable. He looked so broken hearted. Tate screamed at him, saying Michael didn’t come from him, that he couldn’t produce such an evil bastard. Ben escorted Tate out of the room as Michael launched himself onto his bed sobbing.

Y/n approached him with caution, placing a comforting hand on his back. She rubbed his back as his body shook, crying. She hushed him as he cried. He moved to lay his head in her lap. All she saw was a broken little boy.

Y/n and Michael had to hide when a couple purchased the house. Michael had disappeared somewhere without warning. She quietly looked around for him. She rounded a corner to see a man in a rubber suit standing in front of the couple. Their screams echoed loudly through the empty house. Y/n watched as they died right in front of her. Ben appeared, yelling at the rubber man. He took off his mask and revealed that it was Michael. Y/n clasps a hand over her mouth.

She saw pure anger as his eyes rolled back, the couple had become spirits like other occupants of the house. Michael turns his hands out as the spirits burned to ash. He made them cease to exist. She was shaking, scared for her life. Ben screamed at Michael, saying how he shouldn’t have helped him, it was a waste of time.