7.

Kaycee's POV  

I finally got home after the long day and walked into the lobby of my building to get to my apartment. I looked at all of the doors near mine and saw most of them had envelopes addressed to the residents. Most had been taken down I grabbed the one-off my door and unlocked it putting down my stuff and taking off my coat before opening it. I stared down at the letter opening it carefully and reading the long message, this could not be happening. 

" Attention resident your apartment has been removed by the state of California due to the owner being unable to pay necessary mortgage fees effective immediately" 

I was being kicked out without any warning. I didn't know what to do, I didn't have any family to help and I couldn't ask the guys I didn't want them to think I was using them. I looked around thinking of my options before realizing I just had to start packing. 

 Thankfully my apartment was quite small so I could probably manage to fit my belongings in my car I definitely couldn't afford a moving company at the moment. I felt completely overwhelmed at the moment and was already sleep-deprived but I started packing my life away. I fit my clothes into my suitcase and packed all my essentials in the amazon boxes I had laying around. I had to admit I had a pretty unhealthy online shopping thing but don't we all. I only took the essentials with me like clothes, my bath stuff, and a few other things. I moved my car to the front of the building and packed the boxes in the trunk I had a jeep so I could fit it. 

I couldn't fit any furniture or anything like that so I would just have to leave it. I sighed once they were all loaded in and figured they probably wouldn't kick me out till morning so I could sleep one last time. I walked back into the semi-empty apartment and headed for the bed it was about 3 in the morning so I could get a few more hours before my shift.

I was woken up by a knock on my door and I sighed looking at the clock seeing it was only 4:30. I walked slowly scared that a creepy person was trying to rob me or something. When I opened the door an older man stood there in a town uniform. He was probably frightened by my messy bun, eye-bagged state. 

" Hello ma'am I'm sorry to inform you that we are asking everyone to leave" 

" Oh yes, we aren't allowed to wait till morning? I'll be out by 6" I asked trying to get him to let me stay tonight. 

" I'm sorry the new owner wants everyone out now" he smiled 

" Alright thank you," I said closing the door and getting my coat, shoes, and car keys before leaving one last time. 

I figured since I didn't have anywhere else I could just sleep in the bunks at the hospital they didn't look so bad and were probably quieter. I could look up new places during my break. Maybe this was a good thing I never liked that apartment anyway. I reached the hospital and grabbed the stuff I would need for the day. It was about 5:15 when I finally settled on the couch in the break room.

Ashton's POV
Me and the guys walked into the hospital for the morning. The sunrise was quite pretty today we talked about random things while making our way into the locker room. 

" Is Kaycee here?" Micheal asked looking around 

" I don't think so we usually get here earlier anyway" Calum pointed out 

" Yeah she's not a morning person" I laughed drinking my coffee

"I'm not either," Luke said laying on the bench wearing his scrubs 

"I'm getting coffee anybody want any?" Luke asked getting up 

" No thanks" I replied already having my cup

He walked past us and into the break room. I looked at my clock starting to get worried Kaycee was never late. 

" Do you think she took off today?" Calum asked 

" I think she would have told us" Micheal replied 

Luke entered the room again making us look at him

" Found her" making us give him looks as he was not with her. He turned and walked into the break room as we followed. There she was sleeping on the couch her eyes purple underneath pointing out she hadn't slept well. 

" What do you think she's doing here," Luke asked 

" She probably got paged," I said,

" Who's gonna wake her up?" Micheal laughed 

" Ashton can do it," luke said as I gave him a quizzing look 

" everyone knows you like her bro," he said making me immediately brush it off but it didn't stop my mind from wondering. Did I like Kaycee?

" It's true," Calum said 

I rolled my eyes not knowing what to say did I like her like that? I mean we got along well and she was pretty, funny, smart brave. Who wouldn't want to...It hit me I liked Kay. I walked up to her shaking her lighting. Her eyes opened as she sat up.  

" We really need to stop meeting like this" she smiled making me laugh 

"What are you doing on the couch," Luke asked 

" My apartment complex got shut down they kicked everyone out at like 4:30 all my stuff is in my car " she yawned  

" What oh my god Kaycee," Micheal said 

" It's cool I'll find another place," she said 

" Wait guys," Luke said making us look at him 

" What if we just got one big place and shared it like roommates and then Kay won't be late!" 

" Hey! offensive but I'm down," she said 

"I'm in," I said slurping my coffee 

" Me too" Calum smiled 

Micheal gave a thumbs up offering his support 

" Well let's fucking do it, roommates," Kay said jumping up and doing a cute little victory dance.