32.

Kaycee's POV 

     Growing up my mom always compared life to a book, she explained that books always had bad chapters but you had to continue with the book, to come to peace with the ending even if you had wished for something different because you don't have the power to control the ending as much as you might wish to. 

Bailey's book had run out of ink too early and I couldn't come to peace with the ending because I could have fixed it. 

I felt like if I left the hospital I would be leaving to a world without her, leaving to later come back to a hospital she wasn't in, so I was currently fighting the guys to stay. 

The chief had informed her mom of her death just a few minutes ago, normally I would of had to but I couldn't. I waited in the hallway outside before I saw her walking up to me her eyes puffy, I walked towards her and hugged her immediately. 

" I'm so sorry" my voice broke 

" No, Kaycee she was sick for a long time this is not anyone fault, look at it this way she is no longer in pain now. Thank you for everything you did for her, she really valued your friendship." 

I let go of the hug and stepped back, I leaned over and grabbed some tissues handing them to her. 

" If you ever need anything, please not hesitate to ask. " I offered 

" Thank you, don't feel like this is anyway your fault Kaycee, she wouldn't have wanted you to think like that. " She smiled 

I nodded wiping my tears and smiling slightly 

" She loved you, and she was worried about your reaction before the surgery not about herself but you. She wouldn't want you to be sad forever" I said hugging her again 

" No, your right" She nodded holding back tears 

" Thank you" She said before heading for the exit 

I slid down the wall letting myself sit on the floor with my head between my knees before I felt a hand on my shoulder the guys appearing next to me. We sat in silence tears shared between us as we huddled together for a few minutes. 

" Kay, let's go home and get some rest," Ash said pulling me into his chest and kissing my forehead 

I didn't say anything but I followed him out the door and into my jeep turning to look at the building one more time before sitting down. The weather had calmed down, for the most part, it just slowed to partly raining. 

I laid my head on the window watching the rainfall as I fought my sleep.