29.

Ashton's POV

    I ran down the hallway with Micheal heading straight for our boss's office.

" Chief we need the power back on to elevator 2 immediately, we have a critical patient inside who needs surgery to save her life"

His eyes looked up from the papers he was looking at

" The power should kick on in a minute no need to panic-"

Micheal cut him off

" It's been 15 fucking minutes, and it has not started, if you did not hear Dr. Irwin this is an emergency that needs to be fixed now!"

He grunted and stood from his desk, looking at us both before speaking

" Okay, we can speak to the director next door but understand me Clifford you cannot and will not raise your voice at me."

Micheal nodded and then followed the Chief out the door. Who did he think he was? A girl was dying and he was sitting there!

We headed into the man's office explaining our situation and he immediately stood to his feet, someone finally trying to solve the situation.

" I'll personally get working on that right away." He said running around the room to gather supplies and leasing us out the door.

Kaycee's  POV

  While they had gone to get help, the OR nurses helped me set up Bailey's monitors again sliding the cords through the gap, we tried to prepare everything as much as possible so we could head straight for the OR once they got it running again. 

Once I thought we had everything set up her hand extended to me again 

" Are we missing something?" I asked her 

" It's just precautionary" she smiled sadly 

I opened the backpack, seeing the continents of the crash cart. I stared down into the bag for a second before closing it again and placing it towards the floor. 

" Did anyone hear from Dr. Brown?" I asked, I had told one of the nurses to contact him right when she started having symptoms 

" not yet doctor" the nurse smiled sadly 

I sat down on the floor holding Bailey's hand and resting my head on the side of the bed. You could probably tell from just looking at me that I was not doing well, I was supposed to go home 7 hours ago and I've been on call for who knows how long. 

The sounds of loud footsteps broke me out of my thinking, I jumped up and looked between the doors to see what was happening. 

" Kay?" Ash said laying into the floor to see me 

" Ash" I breathed out, my eyes watering at just the sight of him. I wanted nothing more than for him to bring me into my arms and tell me everything was going to be okay, but he couldn't because it wasn't. 

" Someones coming to fix the elevator, you guys okay?" 

" No changes here" 

He smiled lightly and grabbed my hand through the small hole, and rubbed my thumb lightly. We stayed their for a while just waiting, my eyes guled to Bailey the whole time. 

" What do you mean?" I heard Micheals voice whisper trying to keep quiet, I immediately turned my head seeing him talking to a man 

" What's wrong?" I asked 

Micheal looked down to Ashton not knowing what to say 

" It's going to take several hours to fix" the man spoke up for him. 

" Hours?!" Ashton flipped 

I tuned out their argument knowing what had to be done, I intruppted their yelling 

" We have to do the surgery in here" I spoke quietly quickly getting a reaction out of Micheal 

" What?" Micheal said 

" You heard me, I have to." 

" No, you know how unsafe that is not only for her but for you" 

" I refuse to let her die here, Brown left me in charge" 

Everyone froze 

I could feel myself getting more emotional by the second as I spoke out the words I never wanted to say, 

" If I don't do this we both know she is going to die, and I cannot live with myself knowing I stood by when there was something I could have done." 

" She's right, she doesn't have much time left" Ashton agreed 

Micheal looked to the ground before speaking again 

" Okay, let's do it."