12.

Kaycee's POV
        It's been 32 hours since we got sick and thankfully we were finally well enough to leave the hospital. I couldn't wait to get out of this room.

" I love you guys but I need some quiet time" I laughed

" Same I cannot listen to Luke sing one more time" Calum complained

" What are you talking about you love my singing," luke said

" No one ever said that" Micheal argued

" On that note, we should get in the car right, Ashton?" I said getting us out of there before a fight broke out

" Yes definitely," he said clapping his hands together

We bolted to my Jeep and climbed in laughing. I turned on the radio as we left the hospital playing The story of Us and scream-singing the whole thing. I played it the first time we drove together and it's been a tradition ever since. We sat at the red light waiting as we sang.

"Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room And we're not speaking And I'm dying to know " I yelled as the music blared 

Ashton smiled at my singing

" Is it killing you like it's killing me? Yeah I don't know what to say Since a twist of fate when it all broke down And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now" He yelled back to look at me.

Our lips were a centimeter apart he looked at me then my lips before looking at me again. I moved slowly closing the space between us as Taylor Swift sang in the background. His hand flowed through my hair as we pressed our lips together. We didn't get far before the light turned green and cars started beeping at us. We split apart as the awkwardness in the car grew. I started out the window for the rest of the ride not knowing what to say.

We finally got home and all crashed onto the couch I grabbed a blanket and threw it over myself as we all settled. Calum brought some snacks from the kitchen throwing me some skinny pop.

" oooo thank you" I smiled as I opened the bag

Ashton was to my left Micheal to my right Luke laying next to Calum in the bean bags in front of us. Calum scrolled through the tv trying to find something to watch. He finally picked New Girl which we had been watching together before.

" You know our life is kinda like new girl too" Luke

I put my hand over my mouth realizing he was right. " That's so true" I laughed

The episode started and we all watched quietly. Halfway through the uncomfortable sleep, I got on the chair was starting to creep up on me as I laied my head on Ash's shoulder feeling myself slowly fall asleep.

Ashton's POV
Kay relaxed onto my body and fell asleep, as I played with her hair. I watched her chest rise and fall still scared she would hold her breath. When we had finished about three episodes I finally got the courage to ask what I had planned for the past few days 

" Guys" I whispered getting their attention 

" I need your help with something"