𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧

Technoblade lay on his back in the snow, his chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath, and his blue eyes were alive with shock. A gold sword, twinkling in the glare of the sun, was pressed against his throat as Reverie stood over him, smiling triumphantly.

"I was going easy on you," Techno grunted, accepting Reverie's outstretched hand. She helped heave him to his feet and he got to work on brushing the melting flakes of snow from his cloak. Snorting in amusement, Reverie rolled her eyes, a playful grin splitting across her face.

"Oh, I'm sure," she drawled sarcastically. Maybe she had imagined it, but Reverie was sure she saw the slightest tinge of pink dust Techno's cheeks. She didn't have time to examine this theory, however, because Phil's voice sounded from the cabin door.

"Here he comes," Phil called out, sounding apprehensive.

Reverie and Techno looked around, the harsh wind blowing their hair in their faces. Still, it was impossible to miss the vibrant green hoodie and slivers of magnificent Netherite armour as Dream marched across the snowy plains towards Techno's cabin. After exchanging a look of trepidation, Reverie and Techno clasped their weapons to their waists and strode across the frosted field towards Dream, meeting him at the foot of the steps that led to the cabin door, where Phil was stood.

"How's the setup looking?" Techno asked of Dream, his eyes sweeping over him in an untrusting manner.

"She's perfect," Dream answered, a satisfied smile in his voice. "The only thing keeping L'Manberg's destruction at bay is us standing around here."

Phil was clutching armour in each hand, which he tossed down to Reverie and Techno. He also threw two bags to Techno. One was filled with soul sand and the other contained Wither Skeleton Skulls.

"They're all siding against us," Dream explained gravely, a hint of concealled bitterness in his voice. "The people of L'Manberg, my kingdom, even Sapnap is up against me."

Reverie quirked an eyebrow, expressing her surprise. "What about George?"

Dream waved her down apathetically. "He's probably sleeping or something, I don't know."

"Are you guys sure about this?" Phil asked, shifting uncomfortably on his feet. "I mean, it's three of you against an army. I might join in later, but even at that—"

Dream scoffed. "Oh please," he said mockingly. "Techno and I are basically gods."

"And I just bodied Techno," Reverie added complacently.

"I was going easy on you!" Techno defended, his voice noticeably rising in pitch.

"If you guys are up for the risk, then I won't object," Phil continued. "I want L'Manberg gone as much as you do. It's caused nothing but problems."

"Great," Reverie chimed in with a glare in Dream's direction. "Can we go then?"

She did not wish to spend any more time in Dream's company than necessary, mainly because, when she was around him, Reverie's mingled emotions began to overwhelm her. Not to mention the fact she had finally burned that piece of Dream's hoodie that she had been carrying on her for months, and she did not need to revert back to clinging onto him.

Techno took a step closer to Reverie, lowering his head so that he was closer to her ear and he dropped his voice to a rumble.

"Phil has a point," he said in almost a whisper. "We could die today. You know that, right?"

A smirk curled Reverie's lips. "But I thought Technoblade never dies?"

"The longer we spend standing here joking around, the less likely our chances of thoroughly destroying L'Manberg become," Dream interjected, his tone cold and stern. "We need to move now."