𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲

Though the bleeding had slowed considerably, the blood loss that Reverie had endured was substantial. Her vision swam in and out of focus, blurring her surroundings, and her fingernails had grown blue.

Surprisingly enough, the wound itself was not too painful. Perhaps the large amount of pressure that she was applying to it using Techno's cloak was helping to ease the pain, but even when the arrow initially pierced her skin, it had felt more like a punch to the ribs than the cutting of a wound.

While her hearing was another one of Reverie's senses that could not seem to decide whether or not it wanted to fade, she still heard snippets of a heated conversation between Technoblade and Tommy that was happening on the platform above.

"You went back to Tubbo? The guy that exiled you?"

"Technoblade, people are above the government—"

"I am a person!"

Reverie let out a weak groan. While she was not exactly in pain, per se, the fatigued feeling that was washing over her was somehow much worse. She could feel herself slowly losing the strength in her limbs as her blood was drained from her body, and she had all but one thought.

The Polidoris had bled themselves dry to save the Nether and, if what Techno had suggested was true—if Reverie's mother truly had been a Polidori, Reverie thought it was quite fitting that she too should die from fatal blood loss. As well as this, Reverie thought it very poetic that she and Wilbur were to die with L'Manberg.

"Remember when I was standing there alone against the whole government and you and Wilbur just sat there on the sidelines and watched? Did you step in? Were you guys the ones that stepped in and said, 'Don't worry, Technoblade we know you're in a high pressure situation but we'll fight the world for you, Technoblade,'."

Screams echoed from all corners of L'Manberg, accompanied by various explosions. Although the number of people fighting for L'Manberg was quite large, they still did not seem to hold enough firepower to kill the Withers and defeat Dream, Technoblade and Philza.

"You know what I did yesterday when you were surrounded by, like, thirty people—the whole world was against you? I walked in. I was willing to fight all of them for you, Tommy. I would have been there."

Slowly but surely, Dream, Technoblade and Phil were pushed out of L'Manberg and into the surrounding fields by the sheer force of the L'Manberg army. Initially, the army had been overpowered, but driven by the burning rage brought to them by the destruction of their nation by the Withers, they managed to overpower Dream, Techno and Phil.

Reverie's heart skipped a beat.

They were losing the game.

Even moving slightly caused an excruciating stab of pain to ripple throughout Reverie's body. Still, she clutched the railing in her frail hand and attempted to haul herself to her feet. Her limbs weakened by her extensive blood loss, Reverie's knees buckled and she collapsed in a heap, landing face-down in the pool of her own blood that she had been dwelling in ever since Ranboo's arrow pierced her side.

Her arms shaking, Reverie lifted her head up. Amidst the flashes of explosions, she could see Phil's house—what was left of it, at least. It stood on the next level of L'Manberg, surrounded by rubble, and Reverie would have to somehow drag herself up a set of half-broken steps to reach it. With her lack of strength and the pulsing pain in her side, Reverie doubted whether she would be able to do it.

She remembered, with a dull ache in her heart, what she had promised Wilbur in another life, when slivers of hope had still twinkled on the horizon.