arsehole/guy

Ladies and gentlemen: the soulmate AU you didn't need.

Based on this Bones/Kirk trekkie ff: https://archiveofourown.org/works/4683101 

//

"Wait, you're a guy?"

"See, I knew you'd be an asshole!"

With a stormy expression in his eyes, Eddy stared at the boy in front of him.

And angrily huffed out some air.

"I'm late, see you around", he gritted out and turned the corner as he had been trying to do in the first place a minute ago.

"Hey, wait!", he could hear behind him, "What's your name?!"

/

"Hi, everyone, I am Brett Yang and I'll be your tutor for Professor Wilder's lecture on Advanced Comprehension of the Baroque Era."

Well, fuck him.

Eddy's soulmate was his tutor.

He was pretty sure that this was against some university policy. The guy hadn't spotted him yet, so Eddy was quick to divert his eyes and made himself small.

Hiding.

Staring down on his arm, he subconsciously traced the lines of his tattoo with his fingertips.

Wait, you're a guy?

He was so not prepared to finally hear those words that have haunted him forever.

For the last 22 years, he could never decide if he was angry at them or oddly fond.

His fingers were still gliding over his skin when he noticed the exact moment his soulmate laid eyes on him and realised that Eddy was in the classroom.

Brett's.

Brett's eyes.

His name was Brett.

After taking a deep breath, Eddy looked up.

Well.

Turned out that Brett had pretty damn nice eyes.

For a moment, they just stared at each other and okay, yeah, maybe Eddy finally got what everyone was raving about with the whole soulmate thing.

Because all of a sudden the rest of the room vanished and it seemed like his entire world was revolving around the other.

And he wasn't sure if he liked that idea.

For the rest of the lesson, it was clear that they both avoided to look at each other.

When class ended, Eddy tried to get away quickly. But at the same time he also didn't. There was a pull that wanted him to stay behind. Stay close to Brett.

Oh jeez, was this how his life was going to pan out from now on?

"Hi."

He had made it as far as the door, when the voice drew him back.

"Sorry about earlier. I didn't want to run you over."

There was not much of that confidence left that Brett had displayed during the tutoring.

Eddy turned around to see the other fidget with the strap of his bag that was slung over his shoulder.

"My name is Brett", he continued.

"I know. You said that earlier."

"Oh, right", Brett seemed at a loss for words.

"Well", he cleared his throat, "sorry, again. I didn't do it on purpose."