II. Professor Crawford

a/n: because twosetfangirl asked for it and then I couldn't stop thinking about it.

For you girl :)

/

Professor Crawford has only been teaching 'Human Anatomy' for less than two years at Griffith University but he enjoyed it more than he would have expected.

He was teaching all the young ones, fresh out of school, ambitious and still full of ideals and energy.

His classes for the second semester, where he was giving the lecture 'Human Anatomy 2' was usually less busy, all the nursing students were only required to do the rudimentary classes and moved on to other courses but there was this one student, knocking in his door during the semester break, asking if he could join them anyway.

Brett Yang.

Outstanding results, if he remembered correctly.

Professor Crawford was always happy about eager students, his only concern was the interdependency between his course and other advanced classes that only the medicine students were taking.

The student, Brett, only shrugged his shoulder, saying he would figure it out but he just wasn't finished learning yet.

Now, who was the Professor to deny someone education if they wanted to have it?

So, Brett Yang, a nurse in making, was sitting between all those med students, who were in the process of lifting their noses, thinking they were destined for a higher purpose than most others on campus.

Crawford never regretted his decision.

Mr. Yang was attentive from the first day and posed the majority of all questions during the lecture.

A poster perfect student, every professor could wish for.

/

In his third lecture of the semester, Professor Crawford noticed that there was the always prominent shift in his class, from eager students to a more sombre atmosphere, the kids starting to lose the enthusiasm they showed up with on the first day.

Looking over the rows of students, he also noticed that some changed their order of seating.

Students were such creatures of habits, more than most humans and the majority stuck with the seats they chose on the first day.

But that one lad, who had sat in the very last row to the right, had moved two rows down and more towards the middle.

It was subtle and only caught his eyes because no one else had moved an inch.

And then.

In the next lecture, that student had moved further down towards the middle, another two rows below the previous seat.

Glancing down at the list of his attendees, Professor Crawford determined the students was one Eddy Chen.

That particular student had made no specific impression during class but the first assignment he had handed in was excellent, second best in class actually.

Curiously, the Professor watched how Mr. Chen moved even further down the seats in the next class.

It took him another week to realise that the student was moving towards the left end of the seats, slowly coming closer to the front rows.

Where Brett Yang had held his fort since he arrived in class, still as present and motivated to learn as on the very first day.

By week seven of the semester, Mr. Chen had nearly achieved his goal and sat only one row behind Mr. Yang, three seats to his right.