I. Vampire Academy

Disclaimer:

1. Entirely and completely STOLEN from Richelle Mead – book and movie. Seriously. I stole entire quotes and I was so disgusted with myself that I actually stopped writing it in November. But here we are again.

I love the series - it's the best you can read when in isolation. Which had happened to me twice. Pre-Corona.

2. This one is really long. Like, really, really long. Which is probably what happens if you steal entire books.

3. Which means that I will publish this in multiple parts, probably one part per week.

4. They're also quite ooc. The longer the story goes on. I don't know what happened tbh.

Probs to my patient beta reader GetGinxed, who had no easy job with me this time. Thanks for everything, sorry for rushing you!

On that note: have fun!

//

Eddy shot up from bed and thought they were being attacked for a second before he could make out Brett rummaging in his room in the dark.

"What are you doing?"

"Get up!"

Brett's voice was urgent and after a second look, he could see that the other was throwing clothes in a small duffel bag.

"We have to go. Now!"

Eddy didn't need to be asked twice, jumping out of the bed and throwing on the next clothes he could grab. Before he could do anything else, Brett was shoving Eddy's violin in his hand, his own already strapped over his back and taking Eddy's hand to guide him out of the house.

"Guardians or Strigoi?"

"Guardians, as far as I could see."

They stumbled into one of their housemates downstairs.

"Get his car keys off him", Brett ordered Eddy.

Eddy grabbed their housemates shoulders and turned him to himself to look him into the eyes.

"Give us your car keys."

Andrew handed over his keys, his eyes glazed over.

"Now tell us where the car is and then forget you saw us tonight."

After hearing an affirmative answer, they made their way out of the door, Brett always a step in front of Eddy, his hand grabbing tightly onto the other. Turning the corner, they could see the green Volvo they were looking for and with a relieved sigh, they scrambled into the car.

Brett turned the key in the ignition and hurriedly moved it out of the parking position.

"How did you know?" Eddy asked quietly, afraid that someone would still be in hearing distance.

"I saw someone watching us through the window. I thought I'd imagined it the other day but today, I could see someone clearl—..."

Brett couldn't finish the sentence as he was busy stepping onto the brake to not run over the tall Guardian that just appeared in front of their car in the middle of the dark street.

"Fuck", Brett mumbled and after a glance in the rear mirror, he knew that backing up wasn't an option either as there was someone standing there as well.

"Fuck!"

Both their doors were ripped open, Guardians everywhere now, trying to drag them out.

Brett was quick to kick his attackers against the shin from his sitting position. Most people were automatically underestimating him because of his size. After decking the second men, Brett rushed over to Eddy's side, who was held by only one Guardian, not putting up any fight.