They said what now

a/n: that video was a good hair day

//

Nervously, Brett was queueing at immigration. He forgot how long this always took.

Looking at his phone, he realised that only two minutes had passed since the last time he checked. With a sigh, he responded to Eddy's message and turned on his podcast louder to at least be entertained.

When he was finally allowed to step forward to the immigration officer, his heart was beating incredibly fast. He knew that he had the right documents, they double and triple checked everything the night before.

He still waited for the immigration officer to refuse him entry to the country. A cold shower went through his body.

"Well", the officer said eventually after looking at his file on his screen, "welcome to the country. Good luck, mate."

"Thank you", Brett rushed out and took his passport back.

Jesus, he was so relieved. He hadn't even realised how much he had tensed up.

'I'm in', he texted, when he walked passed immigration, his hands shaking.

🥳🥳🥳, was the response he got.

It still took a while until he got his luggage and then he had to queue again at customs but he felt a lot more relaxed. He was basically bouncing on his feet.

His nervous energy transformed into excitement.

Gosh, he was so excited.

When he went finally through the last check, the grip on his suitcase became tighter and he sped up his steps.

And then he left the transit area and hurriedly, he looked around, trying to spot Eddy.

When he did, Brett didn't broke into a run but it was a close thing. Eddy only realised that he basically stood in front of him in the last moment when Brett dropped everything to jump into his arms.

The other had to laugh out loud but held on tight.

"You're finally here!", Eddy said and relished in the feeling of Brett's nearly choking him with the tight hold of his arms around his neck, his face buried in his hair.

But then Brett looked up and they're eyes locked in delight and happiness.

Before he could get too heavy for the other, Brett smacked a kiss on his partners lips and jumped back down.

Funnily enough, Eddy seemed to follow him, because now it was him folding his arms around Brett's shoulders and drag him up for a proper kiss.

"You're finally here", he said again against Brett's lips before giving them another soft kiss.

"I am", Brett grinned.

Only when Brett tickled him, did Eddy let go and they started to collect Brett's luggage from the ground, still smiling at each other.

Eddy couldn't let go of him though, so he made sure to wrap his arm around Brett's shoulder while taking the suitcase with the other and they walked out.

"You packed way too lightly, I hope you don't change your mind."

"I would never", Brett said and pressed a kiss on Eddy's jawline which earned him another happy grin.

"I told you, I sold everything."

"I didn't realise that you actually meant really everything when you said that you would sell all your stuff."