#Fail

a/n: both of them are terribly ooc. Oopsie.

//

1.

If there was one thing Brett hated like nothing else, it was flight delays. Whilst already being at the gate. A gate with no exit back to the shopping area.

"Fucks sake...", he grumbled and got up from his seat that he had been occupying for the last half hour, his arse already sore. He was so bored, he didn't know how to get through the next two hours until the plane might arrive.

With no shopping area nearby, the only thing that provided somewhat of an entertainment was the coffee cart that also sold gummy-like pretzels. What better than lukewarm coffee and gummy-like pretzels?

Getting a coffee took at least ten minutes out of his two hours wait. So, he counted that as somewhat of a win before he slumped back into the exact same seat with a deep sigh. Glancing around, he realised that everyone else seemed to be just as dead inside as him.

After reading the last article of the newspaper he had purchased two hours ago when he had entered the airport, Brett started to go through his usual entertainment apps, cursing the bad wifi at this small airport in Cairns. After playing through reddit and tumblr, he opened tinder, because, well, why not, honestly.

He didn't live in Cairns, so might es well see what's out there.

Not much, as it seems. He swiped left more often than not, hesitating here and there, but mostly not.

Until someone addressed him from behind: "Hard no for that one, huh?"

Brett turned around and...oh. Oh no. There sat a guy he had just swiped left on.

He didn't know what to say but his face definitely went up in flames.

"Sorry?", was all he could squeak out and quickly turned back around, hoping that the embarrassment would pass soon.

Making absolutely sure that no one could see his screen anymore, he curled into himself and contemplated to delete tinder for one hot second but decided to just close it for now and return to the safety of reddit.

As it happened though, because of course it does, poor left-swipe-guy turned out to be sitting next to him.

"This is my punishment for being a selective prick", Brett mumbled under his breath when he sat down next to the poor lad. And by seeing the others corner of the mouth pick up, Brett knew that he had heard him.

"Sorry", he rushed out again, this time directly looking at the other. Who actually had a pretty face. Damnit. Why did he had such an unfortunate photo on tinder?!

"Eddy", the guy said, stretching out his hand.

"Brett", came the mumbled response, his face bright red again.

"Lovely to meet you. I had actually swiped right on you, but good to know where we stand."

Brett couldn't help himself and physically facepalmed, Eddy's laugh ringing in his ear.

"Sorry mate, don't take it personal."

"I would never."

And that's how they didn't talk a single word during the entire flight, except a pressed goodbye arriving in Brisbane.

Brett sighed in relief and hoped to never see that face again.