II. Happy C

a/n: um, so this turned a bit into a crackfit. So obviously ooc.

Part II of Happy H.

//

"You are a leading lady but for some reason you behave like the best friend in your own story."

"What does that even mean?", Brett murmured, munching on some popcorn, looking at the screen with concern.

"I'm home!"

Scrambling to quickly turn off the tv, Brett got tangled in the blanket around him and fell off the couch in his hurry.

"You know, you really need to stop hiding the romcoms. I don't care if you watch them", Eddy laughed when he helped him off the floor.

"Which one was it?"

"The holiday", Brett mumbled, still a bit bashful when Eddy wrapped the blanket around him again.

"Turn it on again then", Eddy walked into the open kitchen to make himself a tea, "how are you feeling?"

"Still weird", came the pitiful response.

That surprised Eddy. While the water was boiling, he came closer to the couch again.

"Why? I thought a day or two of rest would do you good. It always did."

"I know", Brett sighed, his ears twitching, "I don't know what this is."

"So, you won't come back to bed tonight either?"

It's been two days since full moon and Brett deliberately changed into wolf every following night. Eddy had barely seen him, with him being gone for rehearsals all day.

The only response was Brett shaking his head, pulling the strings of his hood tighter when he played with them.

Eddy eyed him carefully and Brett turned even more red, feeling properly scrutinised. The other was just about to say something when the kettle whistled on the stove, taking the attention away from him.

"I know that you're lying about something and I won't let you get away with this", Eddy said when he poured water in his cup. Brett responded with a little dying noise at the back of his throat.

At the exact same time when Kate Winslet realised that the guy she loved would never love her back.

"Is it that?", Eddy was back at his side so quickly that Brett scurried to the other end of the couch on instinct.

"Are you secretly in love with someone else?"

"Of course not, you idiot."

"You still haven't said it."

"Said what?"

"That you love me."

With open mouth Brett looked at him.

"I did say it."

"Licking my face doesn't exactly scream 'I love you'."

"You know it's the werewolf-..."

"...-werewolf equivalent of it, yeah, yeah", Eddy was still eyeing him, "wouldn't hurt to hear it every once in a while in human form, you know."

"Sorry."

Not exactly the love declaration Eddy was hoping for, so he huffed and leaned back.

The movie kept on running but the voices were weirdly loud in the quiet room.

Stubbornly, Brett watched the screen while Eddy watched him.

Just when the tension was close to being unbearable, Nathan stumbled out of the study.