Best Days - The one that got away part 6

a/n: the very last one of Breddy x Lynn X Chris snippets.

// - as a sign that a complete new snippet starts

/ - as a sign that the scene changes but the snippet is the same

Also, who is excited for Twoset World Tour? Who wants to meet in Warsaw?!

// 

Is this what dying felt like? Lynn moved her head to the side but that was a mistake. She felt a sudden wave of nausea and couldn't do much but lean over the side of her bed – where a bucket was already waiting for her. All she could do after she threw up was to burrow her head back into the pillow and close her eyes. She didn't even hear the knock the first time and could only grunt out a "hng" the second time.

Brett peeked inside but couldn't make out much more of his daughter than the top of her hair. He opened a window first, letting some of the brisk Sydney winter air inside and half opened the curtains before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Feeling alright there, hun?", he asked, as slight note of amusement in his tone.

"What is this?"

"It's called a hangover."

She groaned.

"Why do you guys ever drink? This is the worst!"

Lynn turned on her side, facing her father with half open eyes, who had started to pat her back empathetically.

"Well, was the evening fun though?"

Thinking about it, she nodded.

"It felt like flying."

"That's why we all drink occasionally. But preferably only with the supervision of parents, not too much and only on the weekend."

She groaned some more and pulled her duvet over her head.

"Am I grounded?", he heard the muffled question from underneath the blanket.

"I reckon the hangover is enough punishment for now, but if you feel like being under the living again, Eddy and Chris are making muffins for breakfast."

There was just another "hnnn" before he left her. For good measures, he threw in a "And then we talk about ground rules for partying on the weekend without telling us about it!" which made her groan even more but still not coming up from beneath her covers. Laughing, Brett made his way back downstairs.

"Is Lulu sick?", Chris asked, a bit of worry showing on his face while he unsuccessfully tried to mix the ingredients for the batter.

"She alright?", Eddy piped in from the kitchen counter as well, rummaging through the cabinet, trying to find that damn muffin form.

"She's ok, just a bit squeezy today", Brett answered with a smile and pressed a kiss in Chris's hair. The boy went back to his task and Brett just looked at him for a second. He thought after seeing Lynn growing older it wouldn't catch him by surprise anymore, but he could still only look in astonishment at how big Chris became. And he was doing so well. Now that his behavioural issues and speak and motoric issues were more practiced, he was basically a normal six year old, with one of the sweetest characters out there. He still got terribly irritated at certain situations but Brett and Eddy found this amazing child psychotherapist who taught Chris coping mechanisms and how to deal with difficulties.

"She really ok?", Eddy asked mindlessly after finding the muffin form and Brett joined him at the kitchen isle. He lightly set a hand on Bretts waist, catching him in a loose on sided hug while they stood next to each other.