Chapter 45

(Ying's POV)

Me, Ruby, and Weiss are waiting for (Y/N) and Yang to return. I looked around the dorm room.

Ruby: Hey, Ying.

I looked over at Ruby.

Ruby: Do you know why Yang and (Y/N) took so long to get back here last night?

Weiss: They didn't show up until midnight.

Ying: Oh, um... I don't know. I left the dance club without them. I guess they just lost track of time.

Ruby: I guess that makes sense.

I noticed Weiss giving me a skeptical look. I hope she doesn't ask more questions. I heard a knock on the door.

(Y/N): I'm coming in.

I heard him through the door. The door opened and (Y/N), Yang, and who I assume is Blake walked in.

(Y/N): Did more Ying's from different futures show up while I was gone?

Ying: Nope. I'm still the only Ying here.

Yang: We got Blake.

I looked at Blake and my eyes are drawn to her cat ears. They're so cute.

Blake: It's nice to meet you all.

Ruby: Looks like we got another temporary member for team RWBY.

(Y/N): Anyone have anyone else in mind for another addition?

Ying: I know. Grandma Raven.

After I said that, I kinda regret it. (Y/N) and Yang looked at me. I can tell they don't like the idea.

Yang: That's going to be a hard no.

Ying: What?! But she'll be a great help to us! She is the Spring Maiden after all!

(Y/N): Listen. Raven isn't your loving granny like from your time.

Yang: She won't help us. She would rather have us die than fight against Salem.

I looked down at the ground. The Grandma Raven I know is here.

(Y/N): Plus. How are we supposed to get her here? She's probably on the other side of Remnant.

Ying: I have my semblance.

Weiss: What is it?

Ying: Well, it's a bit complicated. I call it Family Bond. I can use the semblances of people in my family tree.

Ruby: That's so cool! So you can use my semblance?!

Ying: Yeah, basically.

Yang: So you are going to use my mom's semblance to get to her?

Ying: Potentially. I had a connection with Grandma Raven in the future. I'm not sure if connections go through time though.

(Y/N): So Raven isn't showing up? So sad.

Ying: I'm still going to try!

I raised my hand up. I chopped the air and a red portal opened.

Ruby: It's a start.

(Y/N): You'll only be wasting time.

I ignored him and walked through the portal. I stepped out to the other side and looked around.

Ying: This is Grandma Raven's tent. I'm at her tribe.

I don't see her anywhere. I heard someone walk in. I turned around and saw Grandma Raven.