Chapter 21

(Readers POV)

I was looking for Yang. I couldn't find her anywhere in the house. I asked Tai and he said she might be in the shed. I went outside and saw the shed. I walked over to it and opened the shed door. I saw Yang kneeling over. I heard sounds that sounded like a spray can being used.

(Y/N): What are you doing in here?

She moved her head and looked at me.

Yang: Nothing much.

I walked over to her and saw that she spray painted her robot arm yellow.

(Y/N): I like the color, but why would you paint it?

Yang: It's mine, so I wanted to personalize it.

She picked it up and putted it on. She walked up to her motorcycle and got it out the shed.

(Y/N): Are you going somewhere?

Yang: We are going to meet with Ruby.

(Y/N): Ok then. We?

Yang: Yeah, we. She is our team leader.

(Y/N): Ok, but do you know where she is?

Yang: No.

I looked at her with a straight face.

Yang: But I do know someone who can take us to her.

She got on her bike and turned it on.

Yang: Come on. Dad knows we are leaving.

(Y/N): I am not riding with you driving.

She smiled at me.

Yang: What are you, chicken?

I scoffed and got on the bike. We sped off and rode on a trail.

(Y/N): Can I ask who can take us to Ruby?

Yang: My mom.

(Y/N): And do you know where she is?

Yang: No.

This is going to be a long ride.

(Time skip)

Me and Yang stopped at a gas station called Just Rite. Yang fueled up her bike.

Yang: Do you want any snacks?

(Y/N): The ride is going to be long. Sure, I'll pay for the food.

Not like the ride has been long enough. I walked in. I walked down the isles and picked out a few bags of chips and some soda. I walked up to the cashier and payed for the food. A dude walked up to me.

Shay: Hey there kid.

(Y/N): What do you want?

Shay: Calm down, I only wanted to chat a little.

I sighed. I heard the doors open. Yang walked in and payed for the gas. The man changed his attention from me to Yang.

Shay: Hey there blondie.

Yang: Hey.

This guy is getting on my nerves and Yang seems to be thinking the same thing.

Shay: Why would a lovely lady like you be traveling.

I guess I just don't exist anymore. He has completely forgot my existence. I guess his brain downstairs is doing the talking. Yang looked at me and gave me a look that said, play along. I just gave her a nod.

Yang: Me and my boyfriend are just going to meet up with some family members.

I started to blush. I don't want to play along anymore, but if it means getting this guy to go away then.

(Y/N): That's right. We just came here to get some food, so if you would excuse us.

I grabbed the snacks and went outside. Yang and the guy kept talking for a bit. I guess he said something wrong, because Yang punched him in the face and he was sent through the doors. Yang walked out.

Yang: He said he knows where the tribe my mom commands is at.

(Y/N): Do we have to bring him?

Yang: Sadly, yes.

The man got up and shook his head.

Shay: I can tell you where it is.

I sighed. This better be quick.

(Time skip)

Me, Yang, and the guy, who I learned was named Shay D. Mann, went to an opening in the forest. He got off the bike and ran in one direction.

Shay: I will be right back.

Yang just shook her head. She knows this is a trap.

(Y/N): Is this really the fastest way to find your mom?

Yang: It's the easiest.

Shay came back with a group of people.

Shay: You really think I would show you the way to the Branwen tribe? You got to pay for breaking my tooth.

He opened his mouth and showed the tooth Yang broke with the punch she gave him at the gas station.

(Y/N): I will warm you, we aren't to be taken lightly.

The group just laughed at us.

Shay: Like we would be scared of two kids.

Me and Yang got off the bike and got out our weapons. The bandits got out their guns and tried to shoot us. I blocked the shots and Yang ran up and punched away some bandits. While she was dealing with them, I took on the other half.

(Y/N): This will be too easy.

They started to shoot at me. I used my shields to reflect the bullets back at them. They went down by their own attacks, I didn't need to do much. Shay walked towards me. I ran over to him. He tried to shoot me, but I dodged all his bullets. I grabbed him by the face.

(Y/N): On a scale from one to ten, I'd give you a three.

I slammed him into the ground. I looked over to see that Yang got done with her half of the bandits. Her hand started to shake. I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder. Yang's hand stopped shaking and she looked at me.

(Y/N): Are you ok?

Yang: I'm fine.

I nodded and walked over to Shay. He looked up me in terror.

(Y/N): Now tell us where the tribe is.

He pointed in a direction.

(Y/N): That wasn't so hard.

I walked over to Yang's motorcycle and waited for her.

Yang: If your lucky Shay, I won't tell your leader that you tried to jump her daughter.

Shay: You are Raven's kid?!

He looked at her with fear. I saw all the color drain from his face and he passed out. Yang got on her bike.

Yang: Come on (Y/N). We are one step closer to getting to Ruby.

(Y/N): Alright. Let's get this over with.

I got on her bike and we sped off the direction Shay pointed at.

(Chapter 21 end)