Chapter 11

(Yang's POV)

I was lying down in my sleeping bag. I was trying to sleep, but couldn't. I just kept thinking about (Y/N). He is being more nice to me as of late and I want to know why.

Yang: (Y/N). Are you awake?

(Y/N): Sadly yes.

Yang: There is something on my mind.

(Y/N): What is it?

He rolled over in his sleeping bag to face me.

Yang: I have been wondering, why have you been nice to me lately?

He stayed silent for a bit.

(Y/N): I haven't been nice.

Yang: You asked me to dance and you saved me from a Grimm. I would say that is being nice.

He blushed a little and turned around.

(Y/N): Do you want me to be rude?

Yang: No. I like you being nice. You really should do it more.

(Y/N): Don't think I will be nice to you from now on.

I just smiled. It's good to see that he is starting to change. I set an alarm on my scroll. I am supposed to take night watch after Ruby. I was able to fall asleep kinda quickly.

(Time skip)

I woke up to my alarm. I turned it off and got up. I stretched and walked over to where Ruby is.

Yang: Alright Ruby. It's my turn to take night watch.

I didn't get a response. I looked over to see Ruby wasn't there. I was confused.

Yang: Maybe she just went to use the restroom.

I heard barking. I looked down to see Zwei. I knelt down and started to pet him.

Yang: Hey Zwei.

He barked at me more and started to run out the building. I followed him outside. He ran to a hole in the ground and started barking. I looked down the hole. It looked really deep. I noticed Ruby's scythe next to the hole.

Yang: Did Ruby fall down there?

Zwei barked at me. I quickly ran back the building everyone else was in.

Yang: Wake up! Ruby is in trouble!

(Y/N) and Weiss shot up from there sleeping bags. They looked around frantically. Oobleck rushed in and looked at me.

Oobleck: Did you say Ruby is in trouble?

I gave him a nod. He adjusted his glass.

Oobleck: Come on students. We have to rescue your leader.

(Readers POV)

Me and Weiss got up and got our weapons. We rushed outside and followed Yang. We made it to a huge hole in the road. Yang grabbed Ruby's scythe and we all jumped down the hole. We landed and I looked around.

(Y/N): What is this place?

Weiss: It looks like a subway.

Oobleck: Correct. This town had made a subway to easily get to Vale. However, the city was overwhelmed by Grimm, so they couldn't finish the subway.

I noticed a trail of train tracks.

(Y/N): We should follow these tracks.

Everyone gave me a nod. We started to run. We made to an open area. There was a train and White Fang members loading crates onto the train. I looked forward to see Roman holding Ruby.