chapter 40

"i want you. all i've ever wanted was you."

mattia woke up to the smell of cookies and the sound of music. it looked like everyone was asleep but the girl in the kitchen was dancing around making cookies.

he raised his head and looked at her, his smile was big. even if mattia was practically heart broken he couldn't feel anything but happy when he saw her happy.

he got off of lily and walked up to kalani, startling her. she was licking the cookie dough off of her hands and he felt the urge to wrap his arms around her so he did so.

she giggled as he kissed her cheek. he wanted this moment to last forever.

"i'm making cookies." she spoke. "they smell great." he smiled. "i didn't want you leaving to be sad so i thought i'd make cookies so when you woke up you would wanna have a cookie party with me." she said making him laugh.

"well i'm up and i want to have a cookie party with you." he said. "i made your favorite kind, snickerdoodle." she walked over to the cookies and picked one up.

she turned around and mattia took a bite. his eyes widened as he ate the cookie, it tasted like how his mom use to make them. 

"how did you make these so perfect?" he asked. "your mom loves me, thats how." she laughed. "she better, i'm not leaving you anytime soon." he chuckled.

he could feel himself lying and he also felt the pit of guilt in his stomach.

he grabbed onto her butt and pulled her towards him. she connected their lips and grasped onto his jawline.

lily watched from afar and felt someone laying on top of her. alejandro.

"he's so goddamn lucky, she's literally so in love with him." alejandro groaned. lily looked at him like he was insane.

"what?" he asked. "don't tell anyone i told you this but mattia said he heard you and kalani talking about how she wished she never started dating him." lily said.

alejandro looked at the happy couple and thought. he wanted to destroy their relationship like how mattia destroyed his and her's. he quickly came up with a lie.

"uh yeah she said that, i'm saying she's so good at acting like she's in love with him." alejandro said. "wow." lily said in disbelief. "i'm surprised she told you all of that." she added.

"well we're best friends, we tell each other everything." he said. she sighed in disappointment for kalani and felt sorrow for mattia.

alejandro knew exactly what was going to happen. he planned it all in his head. lily would tell mattia what he heard was true and then he would break up with kalani causing kalani to run to alejandro and then she would realize she was still in love with alejandro.

or atleast thats what he hoped would happen.

alejandro got up and looked at lily. he smirked and grabbed onto her hands, putting them behind his back and her chin was facing up at him on his chest.

"love you." he kissed her nose. she felt butterflies but less than usual. "love you too." she chuckled.

alejandro must've really liked girl best friends..

mattia heard a chuckle so he looked back to see lily and alejandro kissing on the lips. he knew they hooked up but casually kissing? it didn't sit right with him, but it should've.

alejandro looked up and saw mattia with kalani in his arms but he noticed mattia focused his attention on the girl in alejandro's arms.