chapter 29

"hey baby."

kalani got discharged from the hospital today but she was on crutches. her body was sore and her eyes were puffy. she hadn't gotten any sleep and she cried most of the night.

she broke his heart and she knew that but she was willing to fix it. no matter what it took she just wanted to be back in his arms again.

she then got a text from mattia. she had gotten several messages from mattia yesterday but she had avoided them.

she felt weak physically, mentally, and emotionally. she hated how she felt but thought she deserved it.

she was laying down in her bed just looking around her room. she had taken down most of her decorations because they all had something to do with alejandro.

she didn't want to look around her room and remind herself of something amazing she lost.

she invited kairi over because devyn was busy and kairi made her happy.

"you're lucky they didn't put you in a wheelchair." kairi laughed. "not really, the crutches hurt my arm pits." she said.

"they're probably too tall for you." he grabbed a crutch and shortened it. "having a best friend who is majoring in nursing comes in handy." she says scooting up to the edge of the bed.

"having a best friend who is a complete dumbass doesn't really come in handy, you know." he hands her, her crutches.

"oh shit wow thanks." she says walking around with them. "i'm guessing you have never had crutches before?" he chuckles.

"yup." she says plopping down on the edge of her bed. "want me to teach you?" he asks sitting down next to her. "i'm good, i only need to use these for like two weeks and i'll mainly be in bed those two weeks." she says.

"so why'd you invite me over?" he asks laying down. "can i not hangout with my best friend?" she asks laying down next to him and grabbing her phone. "you can but mattia's free as well." he says.

"i just wanted to hang out with you today." she says resting her head on his shoulder while an arm wraps around her waist. "i feel special." he says.

"thats embarrassing." she laughs. "be quiet and go to sleep." he says. "damn you know me well." she tucks her phone underneath her pillow and cuddles up to him.

"so is this the reason you wanted me to come over? so you could sleep?" he asks. "i wanted to do something fun but i didn't get sleep last night." she says.

"so why did you-." he gets cut off by her saying "shut up i'm trying to sleep." she says. "what do you want me to do then?" he asks. "i don't know do whatever." she says.

"i'm not alejandro where i can stare at your face and be entertained kalani." he says making her laugh. "you have your phone and the tv do something." she says.

"okay whatever." he says grabbing his phone. she closes her eyes and just imagines kairi is alejandro. she was practically desperate for his touch.

a few hours later..

"ale! please!" she cried. kairi woke up to her crying on his chest and her curled up into a ball. she was grasping onto his shirt awfully tight, she was dripping of sweat in every corner of her body and her mouth was dry because of how hard she was breathing.

"kalani?" he asked. he realized that she was having a nightmare. he picked her up resting her on top of him which led to her waking up, she breathed heavier rested her head on his shoulder.