chapter 28

"oh my fucking god."

she woke up all alone in her hospital bed. she swore she went to sleep with alejandro last night but he wasn't next to her. she figured he went out to get breakfast or something.

she grabbed her phone seeing three text messages from mattia.

mattia
michelle was amazing but
not as amazing as you

mattia
hey you aren't awake but your fucking gorgeous
i want to kiss u

mattia
i love you

10:32 am

kalani
i think we should end anything we were going to have, im sorry

mattia
wait baby what why

kalani
you know why mattia

mattia
i knew you were gonna end it but
i didn't know it was gonna be this early

kalani
i'm sorry mattia, we just shouldn't have continued what we had in fiji. i'm gonna talk to alejandro

mattia
you shouldn't be apologizing i was a dick
and shouldn't have gone after you knowing
you were in love with alejandro

she left him on read. it was best for the both of them. in her mind she thought of all the possibilities she could've had with mattia, but in her heart it held a warm place for alejandro.

she curled up into ball and rested her head on her knees closing her eyes.

alejandro felt like beating the hell out of mattia, instead he burned the pictured of kalani in his wallet.

he was driving over to his and kalani's spot. he felt like destroying it. he didn't even shed a tear because of the words replaying in his head "nothing lasts forever." those words were said by his mother.

"fuck." he mummers to himself. he was standing in front of their place. he walked inside noticing the tree in the middle that read " A + K " he chuckled to himself before looking over to the mattress they slept on.

the first time they confessed their love to each other. the first time they had sex. the first time she gave him a kiss on the cheek. the first time he cried over her. the first time he gave her all to her.

he felt a knife go through his heart. everything they did together and she just go behinds his back? he felt worthless.

he sat down on the mattress grabbing a pillow. it smelt like her shampoo and conditioner. he laid down and got underneath the comforter.

it was one hundred degrees outside but he still felt cold. no arms to comfort him, no lips to kiss, no legs to wrap around him, nothing.

he cried that day. every second of the day he cried til he couldn't breathe. he tried his best to call his mom but he couldn't reach his phone.

even though he loved his mom more than ever he felt guilty that he loved kalani more.

he promised kalani forever but she never promised alejandro forever, and that broke him.

he wouldn't ever forget the impact she had on him.

she wouldn't ever forget the impact he had on her.

she tried texting him and calling him but he shut off his phone entirely.

only thing he managed to text her was.

" we're officially over "