chapter 39

"what? i'm literally in the love with you!"

they walk across the street and over to the diner..

"hey, i'm gonna go over to the bar area." kalani said getting up. "i'll come with you." mattia said trying to follow her lead. "you stay here with them, i'll be back in a few minutes." she kissed his forehead and walks off.

"you brought friends?" a guy asked that had an apron that was tied around his waist. "well did you think that i was just a loner?" she asked making him chuckle.

"honestly, yes." he folded his arms across his chest and looked at her.

she looked over to the spot that she always sat in. the guy she was talking to was her friend, ethan, he worked at the restaurant because of his dad being the owner of the restaurant and is a senior in highschool.

! ethan isn't a famous person !

"that guy over there is staring at you pretty intensely." ethan said causing her to look where he was looking. "oh alejandro. we dated now he's in his fuck boy phase again." she sighed.

"every guy wants you, that must be like a dream." he groaned. "and you're telling me you aren't pulling girls left and right?" she stares at him.

"well i do, but this one girl she's like fucking gorgeous and she doesn't even want me!" he says in frustration.

"we've hooked up like i don't know two times and they were the best things that have ever happened to me." he sighed.

"she for sure wants you." she chuckles. "how do you know that?" he asks. "hello? i'm a girl thats been in love more than once?" she rolls her eyes.

"hoe." he smirks. "whore." she shoots back getting up out of the seat. "slut." he yells as she walks away. "pussylicker!" she yells back making him laugh.

"you win!" he yells making her smile.

"who's that?" alejandro asked as soon as she sat down. "my friend." she vaguely answers. "thats ethan his dad owns the restaurant." hector says to alejandro.

"are you friends with him too?" alejandro asks. "nope, kalani comes here a lot and knows most of the workers. she is literally friends with half of la." hector says.

"i am not, i'm just social." she says. "you know an a-list celeb!" hector says. "what?" the whole table says. "that doesn't mean i'm popular." she says.

"alright, sixty six thousand on instagram." mattia says. "i have little clout but thats it." she says. "you were literally on hollywood fix." lily says. "and you're a famous model." kalani says.

"who is the celebrity?" alejandro asks. "emma watson." she drinks her water. "god shes so hot." kairi says. "can we stop talking about my social life?" kalani asks.

everyone went silent and they just sat on their phones til their food got to their table.

alejandro looked at kalani and kalani looked back. they were practically talking through their eyes.

he gave her an i love you look and she gave back an i know you do, he rolled his eyes and scooted up to the table.

he played with his straw and thought, he missed when he use to call her princesa and some other pet names. he wanted to repeat what happened in high school.