27.5- Nightmares |Interlude

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦?( yes )    ( no )𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽

( yes )    ( no )
𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽... 𝗒𝖾𝗌!

𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 chapter ( twenty-seven and five tenths) 𝗈𝖿 𝘓𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦  

JAMES AND SIRIUS LEFT a few days after. Ember was left to deal with the messy guest room, which she cleaned pretty easily. Once she was done with that she went down to the living room.

Her parents and Skylar were whispering with weird looks on their faces. Ember looked at them, what were they talking about? "Guys?"

Skylar practically fell over at the sight of Ember. She should've stayed in her room. She shouldn't be there. She cant know the truth, she can't. "E-Em! Hey!"

Ember walked over to them with a large frown, "what are you guys talking about?"

"Ember, go back to your room." Her father said in a stern tone. The blonde widened her eyes. Riley wasn't one to use stern tones a lot.

"What do you mean go back to my room?" Ember asked in a low voice, "Is this about the war?"

"Ember!" Her father yelled. Ember kissed her teeth. "Ember," he repeated in a more controlled tone, "Go back to your room."

"No! I want to know what's happening! Is everyone okay? Did something bad happen." Ember asked. Maybe she was being spoilt or pushy. But, the looks on their faces were ones she's never seen.

Her parents shared a look with Skylar. She huffed, "I'm telling her."

"Skylar."

"She deserves to know!" Skylar turned to her younger sister, "Em, me and mom are joining the war. To fight against Voldemort. Aries already joined and so has dad."

Ember shook her head. "You could get hurt."

"We know." Her mother said in a soothing tone.

Ember shook her head more fiercely. "You can't get hurt- This will sound selfish, but what would I do if one of you guys get hurt!"

"You do well with grief. Everyone dies." Her father said finally.

"No I don't. You don't know I feel dad! I want this war to be over- I truly do- but I don't want to get a letter saying someone I love is dead because a death-eater!" Ember exclaimed.

"You're under-age sweetheart. We'll be fine, and your friends will be fine." Her mother assured her.

Ember bit her lip harshly, "Okay. Don't die."

Her family watched as Ember trotted up to her room. The door closing softly, but then a loud thud and a cuss word.

Ember hit her leg on the dresser as soon as she opened the door. She cussed loudly and wobbled over to her bed. Her mind was running wild. She was so, so tired. Too many thoughts occupied her brain.

And with those thoughts came darkness and silence. The perfect formula for sleep.

But, even when the blonde drifted off, she wasn't asleep. She felt as if she was in a box being held down. Someone stood in front of her. She was in her room, her old room. At her old house, the walls were a bright pink. She remembers begging her parents for them and then painting over them a few months later. On her bed sat a smiling blonde woman.

"Hello Ember." She whispered. Like she was astonished or proud.

"Who- where. Who are you and where am I?" She asked in a quiet voice.

The blonde on the bed smiled a little. "I'm pretty much you now. I like your necklace."

"It was my grandmothers..." Ember whispered going to grab the necklace. The woman gave her comfort. Gave her a feeling of happiness and trust.

"I know" she said, standing up she walked closer to Ember. "You need to let your mind rest, darling. Your overworked and over stressed. I promise you everything will be okay. The deaths of your friends will pass quickly."

"What?" Ember said with wide eyes, stepping away from the woman. "Who's going to die?" The comfort Ember once felt around her was becoming more of a tension. She still felt like she could hug her, and not get stabbed, but she felt dangerous.

"Oh." She breathed, "I've said so much haven't I? Well then, I'll be with you the whole time. You'll always have someone in your corner. I'll always be in your corner. I love you more than life itself and I'm sorry for leaving."

"Who? Who are you?" Ember asked with a scared expression that broke Estelle's heart.

"I can't tell you more, darling. Just know you'll be more powerful and more loved than Tom ever will be. You'll be great. And I know you'll get through everything life throws at you." Estelle whispered moving closer to Ember who was against the wall, "Keep those on." She said, motioning to the jewelry.

Ember looked at her with widened eyes, "Who are you. When are my friends going to die? Who's going to die, blonde woman!" Ember's breath shook as she spoke. The silence of the room became intangible.

With no more words the blonde woman placed a hand on the younger girls cheek.

The box slowly opened. The room faded. The bright pink walls replaced with gentle yellow ones.

And Ember fell asleep again like nothing happened.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

oh?

SHHEJEJE I FEEL LIKE I SPOILT TOO MUCH BUT MY ENDING IS SUPER HARD TO FUESS SO I DINT THINK ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO TELL? I hope they can't tell. Maybe they can- maybe I sticking to canon + Em? Maybe Glassie is dead?

lol

Anyway- I had this idea and didn't know how to turn it into a real chapter sooo- you get a 27.5! 🤠🤠🤪

Also, I'm back again- I just want to say something that you guys will find out like super soon and hot

Marlene + Ember = POWER FRICKIN DUO