42- expecto patronum (the remix)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO!
Limerence

" I will fight you for Ember
Whites love- I don't care
  that you're dating Prongs "

IT SNOWED ON THE WAY BACK TO HOGWARTS. Ember liked snow, she didn't love it. But, it was calming. She needed calm. Especially after her crazy winter break.

She wondered if the news of Lily and James had gotten out yet. If anyone else knew. Sure, Lily apologized, Ember forgave her. James and Ember forgave each other. However, Ember still had a sinking sensation when she saw the girl.

She didn't hate Lily, no she could never. Especially when the ginger saw Ember, she ran over and hugged her tightly, apologizing repeatedly, only stopping when Ember said she was alright. That everything was okay between her and James.

Lily was incredibly sweet. Ember knew she didn't mean to kiss James. She was drunk. She repeated that in her head over a million times.

However, in some sense, Ember felt cheated on. Sure, James didn't reciprocate the kiss. Nor did he fancy Lily. The green-eyed girl was drunk on top of it all. So Ember shouldn't feel cheated on.

Still, she had a drop in her chest while leaving home for Hogwarts. The rest of the break hadn't been too bad. Not after she and James apologized to each other.

She plopped down in the Marauders usual compartment, Ophelia by her side as always. Ember was lucky she didn't have a perfect meeting on the way back to Hogwarts after break.

Not too long after, Sirius and James slipped through. Sirius immediately threw himself on the seat, laying like a chair. James laughed and sat next to Ember. Anyone could tell they loved each other. Even if James was kissed by another girl. Even if they hadn't had the guts to say it themselves, everyone knew.

Sirius had never seen James so smitten with a girl. He saw James smile the most around Ember. He didn't even do that with Lily. Though, the hazel eyed boy admits it was infatuation.

Ophelia -Embers right hand woman- had never seen her stay awake with a smile after a date or when the couple spent long nights talking. James untied the ropes she had holding her down.

As soon as James sat, she grabbed his hand, a reminder he was really there after them being apart. "I missed you." She muttered lowly as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

He laughed slightly, "I missed your stupid face too."

"I'm not stupid."