Chapter Seven - Star

I decided to put my time away off until Thursday. That way Dragon didn't have to ride back into the city right away. We'd have at least a week before he'd have to make that trip. In the meantime, he'd been going back and forth with a cop he was friends, trying to figure out what was happening with my life. Since I wasn't into drugs or anything else underhanded, they couldn't figure it out.

As we sat around listening to the back and forth between them, I wondered if I'd been such a wasted human being that someone no wanted me dead. Could it be an ex? All those relationships ended badly. They men or women wanted something from me, but I wasn't sure what that something was. Since I never bothered asking, the relationship would only implode. After a while, I stopped putting down roots. One night satisfied me well enough and I would move on.

I hoped they didn't ask for names—sometimes I didn't bother getting that because I knew I wouldn't be sticking around.

Wednesday morning, Ohm arrived early and we waited for Dragon's cycle to pull from the front yard. We then hurried into my garage so I could grab my car. We followed Dragon through the rain-licked street. After about forty five minutes, Dragon stopped at a flower shop, bought some daisies and continued to a cemetery.

Ohm and I exchanged looks then turned her attention back to where he was, underneath a beautiful tree, standing in front of a black tombstone. He removed the old flowers, added the new ones then hunched down in front of the stone where he burnt incense then merely remained there.

The pain in the way his body was set tore eat me and I wondered who that person was. It was obvious Dragon cared a lot for them.

"Do you think he does this every Wednesday?" Ohm asked. "I mean, this couldn't be why he insists on the day off, is it?"

"I don't know." I murmured.

"Well, whoever that is, P'Dragon must love them very much. You can just tell."

He was speaking to the stone—I knew he was, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. That bothered me. Still, I sighed. He remained there for a long period of time, so long that I moved the car and parked across the street until I saw his cycle leaving. Ohm had fallen asleep beside me.

Dragon's next stop was a restaurant where he met up with a man—a tall, handsome, fresh off a magazine cover man. Ohm arched a brow and I cleared my throat as the green-eyed monster lifted its head inside me.

Dragon hugged the man, laughed at something that was said and sat across from him. There was no doubt that Dragon and this man were familiar with each other.

"We should go." Ohm suggested.

I agreed but didn't go home. Instead, I drove back to the graveyard, found the stone he'd been speaking with and hunched down to read it.

"Uppon "Win" Rattanon. Beloved son, brother, friend, fiancé." I read out loud. "Died in service to his community."

Underneath was a police badge carved into the stone and my heart broke.

I felt bad for Win but I couldn't help wondering which he was to Dragon. Was he the brother, friend or fiancé?

"What are you thinking?" Ohm asked.

"I'm thinking Dragon knows what it feels like to have a man in his life who has a strong character." I spoke before I could stop myself. "A man who was loyal and loved. Why would he fall for me?"

"Um..." Ohm took my shoulder to turn me to face him. "You're falling for him."

"Fallen, Ohn." I grumbled, offered Win's grave wai then turned to stalk off toward my car.