Chapter Eleven - Dragon

What did I do lastnight?

There was a body cuddled into mine, arms wrapped around me and a leg tossed possessively across my hips. It'd been years since I brought someone home with me. Win and I didn't sleep together until close to a year into our relationship. It wasn't that he didn't want to—but I was terrified about the emotional toll that would take on me. I had been unreasonable and made him suffer because of that fear.

I inhale and immediately I realized who it was.

What the hell did we do?

I peeled my body from him and looked down into his face. Unable to stop myself, I brushed some hair from his forehead as my mind went back to the way his lips had trembled under mine. It was almost as if he'd never been kissed before. But I knew someone else had taken that pleasure, which I was sure he or she didn't appreciate.

Star had kissed me back but afterward, I could see the uncertainty in his eyes.

But how did he wind up in my bed? He'd been working when I crawled under the covers.

I shook his shoulder. "Star."

He groaned, rolled over and curled his body as close to mine as he could get. "Five more minutes, na khrap?"

A smile traced my lips as I shook him again.

"I'm exhausted." He muttered, batting a weak hand in my direction.

"Star?"

He opened my eyes. "Do you have to be so annoying? Neither of us have work. Why can't I sleep in?"

"Um—you slept here all night?" I asked.

"Yes." Star closed his eyes and pulled the sheet up to his neck.

"This isn't your bed." I told him softly.

"I know."

"This is my bed." I pushed.

Star made an annoyed sound in the back of his throat and sat up. The sheets fell to his hip as he glared at me. "I know that. I didn't crawl into your bed because I was drunk. I knew precisely what I was doing."

"Just so we're clear..." I tilted my head.

"What?" He asked.

Then recognition filled his eyes and he picked up a pillow and smacked me with it.

"No!" He exclaimed. "No, okay? Nothing happened. You were having a nightmare and screaming. The last time I tried waking you, you um—"

"Threw you across the room." My soul still hurt because of that.

"This time you wouldn't wake up and when I hugged you—well, you calmed down." He sighed while untangling himself from the sheets. "Nothing happened, okay? I didn't mean to fall asleep. It kinda just happened."

I caught him by the wrist and tugged. He fell to his back on the bed and I climbed over him, using my body to press him into the bed. I didn't hide anything from him—I pressed my body fully against him.

"You're so hard." His voice trembled.

I looked down toward where our hips met but he punched my shoulder to get my attention.

"Not that!" Star's cheeks flushed. "I meant your chest and your arms."

"Are you shy?" I asked.

"I'm not shy." He pushed at my chest.

"Your cheeks are red."

Star reached for another pillow and brought it over his face. I smiled, loving the way his body felt under mine. It was almost as if his body was meant to be there. I sighed.