Chapter Thirty-Three - Eagle

After a run, I stripped my t-shirt over my head, used it to wipe my forehead and hurried up the backsteps and let myself into my place. I was chugging from a bottle of water when my phone sounded and I checked to see it was a delivery man.

Curious, since I hadn't ordered anything, I made my way out front to greet him. He had me sign his ledger then handed me a medium sized box. It wasn't heavy and it had my name and address on it. Curious, I sat on the front steps, opened it and was shocked to see it only held an envelop. My name was scrawled on the outside.

Setting the box aside, I opened the envelop, unfurled the letter and read.

P'Eagle, I'm going to need you to trust me. Put on something cute and meet me at Kin at 7pm.

Ohm.

I arched a brow and checked the time. I'd have to hurry to make it on time. Without questioning it, I rushed inside, ignoring the box and scrambled to get ready. The excitement building inside me was unlike anything I'd felt before. The curiosity mingled with that and soon I was dressed and on my way.

It took me less than half an hour to pull into the surprisingly empty parking lot at Kin. Since the restaurant was a top end place, the lot was usually packed at seven in the evening. Still, sat in my car, watching the structure in front of me, wishing I could see through walls.

Still, though I wasn't sure what was happening, I adjusted my collar and climbed from the car. At the door, I tried it.

Locked.

I sent Ohm a message and within seconds, the lock on the other side clicked and a hostess pushed the door out for me.

"Sawatdii khrap." I greeted him. "I'm Eagle—"

"We've been expecting you." He smiled at me, then stepped aside to allow me entry.

When I did, there was no one else there except Ohm, dressed in a black suit with a blood red shirt, standing by the lit fireplace with a rose and a box in his hand.

I stopped walking close to him and waited. "What's all this?"

"It's for you." Ohm told me.

"I don't know if I deserve all of this." I admitted.

"Um..." Ohm cleared his throat and handed me the flower, then the box.

I accepted both, set the flower on the table beside us then opened the box to find two necklaces. One had the ohm symbol, the other had an eagle. Ohm stepped forward and lifted the pendant with the ohm.

"This one is for you," he told me. He then pointed to the other. "That one is mine."

I understand immediately what he was trying to say and proceeded to slip his around his neck. Since I was taller than he was, I sat in a chair and allowed him to clasp mine. The ohm fell against my chest and I couldn't help feeling loved and claimed.

"What are you trying to say to me, Ohm?" I asked anyway.

"I'm trying to say that I'm yours." Ohm bowed his head, but not before I noticed the way he flushed. "I'm saying I'm here—and I'm ready."

"Ready?" I used my thumb to lift his chin. "For..."

"Tonight." Ohm stepped forward to hold my shoulders and leaned closer to whisper in my ear. "Tonight, I'm going to give myself to you."

My heart slammed inside me. "Ohm..."

"I know. You're not pushing." He told me, stepping back. "I'm ready. And you've been so good—I think you deserve a reward, don't you?"