Chapter Twenty- Eight - Eagle

The moon shifted high into the sky and I exhaled. Moments like this I missed P'Win the most. There were so many things I needed my big brother for. This whole thing with Ohm was something I definitely needed a big brother for. Though I toyed with the idea of calling Dragon, I knew he had his hands full with whatever was going on with Star.

I looked down at the picture he'd sent me with himself and Star. Strange, Dragon never liked social media. Though he didn't have an account, Star did and just before Star made his account private, he'd posted a really strange updated about love.

I supposed that move was to protect Dragon. Star's other social media platforms were all open. Before, he was into parties and sleeping around. According to Ohm, Star hadn't been to one party in months, and he seemed happier.

The two hadn't come out and said they were dating, but I knew how Dragon felt for Star. Neither of them needed to say it. I knew Dragon—the way he protected Star, looked out for him, looked at him—I knew.

In the picture, Dragon was kissing Star's cheek and Star, the one taking the selfie, had his eyes closed and the biggest grin on his face.

The feelings were obviously mutual.

I don't know if I'd ever get to that level with Ohm. Even though we had a talk, I could still tell I terrified him. Mae said it was because I was a big guy—tall, muscular, lean. This problem was never something I had. Men, and women, generally liked the way I looked.

My phone chimed, informing someone was at my gate and I picked up the phone to see who it was since it was a little late for visitors. Ohm's face filled the screen and my heart instantly began racing even as I activated the gate to allow him into the yard. Before going to the door, I stopped to pull on a shirt but didn't bother buttoning it up.

He kissed me when I opened the door—shyly, softly, quickly.

"I didn't know you were coming." I managed. "I thought you had court..."

"I do but I missed you." He admitted out loud then covered his lips. "Um—I'm sorry."

I smiled. "It's okay to miss me. I like hearing it."

"Oh—I figured I'd come here and talk to you face to face." Ohm dragged his palms along his thighs. "If not, I'd lose the courage and not say it."

I arched a brow, bracing myself.

"I need a favor." Ohm explained. "It's a really big ask, but I figured the worse you could say was no."

"Let's hear it." I leaned my shoulder to the door frame, my hands into my pockets.

"Um." He fidget from one foot to the next while tangling his fingers together, tightly, in front of him.

"Ohm." I called his name softly.

"Could you stay with me this week?" He blurted out. "I know you have to be at the clinic but—I feel like I need someone to come home to right now and I wouldn't have asked—I mean, you can decline if you want to—"

I laughed softly.

"What?" He paused his rambling. "I'm pouring my heart out to you and you're laughing at me. I-I should go. I—"

"Yes."

Ohm paused as he was walking by me to look up into my eyes. "What?"

"I said yes." I replied. "I can't come tonight though."

"No—I mean, no, of course not." He cheered up. "I'm just happy you agreed. Can you kiss me now? I was kind of hoping you'd do that earlier because I'm really—"