27. Nurses

Sugawara continued running his fingers through Ushijima's hair, not minding that Ushijima was crying again.

Ushijima had been cleaning up a bit and had come across a sweater of his Tendou wore a lot and was crushed by it, instantly starting to cry.

Luckily Suga had been let into his apartment and was able to comfort him a bit.

Ushijima just wanted Tendou back. That was his person. He loved Tendou and he knew it. It hurt so bad to have him taken away.

"Whew… you're gonna dehydrate yourself from crying. Let's get you some water big guy." Suga started to get up.

"S-Satori calls me that!"

"Oh jeez I'm sorry… I didn't know." Sugawara bent down. "Take a deep breath, okay?"

"The nurses at the hospital for the psych ward are cruel. It's going to upset him."

"Well we don't know that. Maybe they will take care of Tendou?"

"They won't." Ushijima whispered.

"I'm sure they will. I've talked with one of them before when I had to get evaluated."

"He has similar sensory issues to mine that I noticed… they don't treat people like me well…"

"Like you?"

"I'm autistic?"

"That doesn't make you incredibly different. You're human just like everyone else."

Ushijima looked at the floor. "I know that."

"Did they not?"

"No."

"What happened?" Suga questioned.

"I had a sensory overload and they wouldn't help me even when I asked for it. They just turned the TV up louder so others couldn't hear me crying. And then one of the nurses kind of punished me by taking away a plush I had. It was a shark." Ushijima played with his hands, practically mumbling. "So I had a meltdown. They tried to inject me with something too but I hate needles so I got mad while having a meltdown. Which is really bad."

"That was so rude and unprofessional. Oh my God."

"Mhmm… I couldn't sleep for five days because of it and they got mad at me again. I was scared because I needed my Dad to pick me up. It was my first melt down. But everyone ignored me and I was punished for stimming."

"You need to file a complaint."

"We did… but they over ruled us."

"Disabilities act?"

"They still over ruled."

"That pisses me off."

Ushijima sighed. "They're going to make him upset. He doesn't even have family to call to get him out…"

"Right cause..."

"He's an orphan."

"Right." Sugawara cleared his throat. "I could call?"

"It won't work."

"I'm sorry…"

"It's alright." Ushijima sat up, wiping his own tears away.

Tendou usually did that for him.

Ushijima balled his fists for a moment before letting it go.

Suga noticed this. "I have a trick that I do when Daichi can't hold me."

"Really?"

"Yep. Do this." Sugawara crossed his arms and put his palms against his cheeks.

Ushijima did the same.

"Okay good. Try closing your eyes and doing, easing your hands slowly onto you face."

Ushijima closed his eyes. He eased his hands up and smiled. "It feels like Satori holding me…"

"See?"

Ushijima sat back down and moved his thumbs slowly, calming himself. "I hope that you're okay... I just want him to be okay…"

"He probably is. I hope so at least."

****

"Alright enough chess this isn't gonna help me not wanna die." Tendou started to get up.

"Oh man you're gonna get in trouble."

"Oh fuck them I don't need to be here."

A nurse came over and made him sit down. "Stop that and behave."

"I'm depressed because of genetics, not because I'm out and about. I'm a grown ass adult, okay?"

"You're not allowed to use profanity."

Tendou groaned. "Can I call someone?"

"Only parents or immediate family members."

Tendou went quiet, brows furrowing. He sighed. "They're all dead."

"Then you can't call."

"Oh fuck you!" A nurse took him by his arm and led him away. Tendou waved to the other patients as he was rushed away. "Mm… what punishment am I getting? A nap? Good luck with that."

"You need to learn to learn how to be more polite."

"I can be polite but you're pissin me off."

"Don't cuss at me."

"Bitch."

"You're mentally ill. You need to stop acting like that and act like a normal person."

"Can I call my boyfriend?"

"No."

"He has attachment issues."

"I'm sure he has friends."

"He can't handle social situations all that well. I'm sure you made him super upset by taking me away."

"No one handles them well. He'll be fine."

"He's literally autistic. The fuck?"

"Again, no cussing." The nurse put him in a bare room and closed the door.

Tendou sighed. He heard the click of the lock. "You'd think they'd keep the door unlocked when holding a suicidal patient in here."

Tendou plopped on the floor. He looked around. He spotted a pack of non toxic crayons on the floor and picked them up. Might as well try and distract himself.