the edge

Astrid pov

"were here." I hear hiccup say as I gradually open my eyes to see a beautiful island come into view. The island was covered in dragons and at the front there was buildings. From where I sat on stormfly thats right I finally came up with a name, I could see:

7 huts, I'm guessing one for each of hiccups friends I presume.

And next to them little stable like buildings, I'm guessing is where their dragon partners live.

A training arena in the center, like Berks but without the cage dome.

There was also a building with what looked like a landing strip outside, I'll ask hiccup about that later.

And finally, what looked like a clubhouse just above the training aria.

Hiccups pov

"Astrid welcome to the edge" I said as we landed outside the stables/ infirmary. She was looking at everything in aww as we were circling the edge. And then I held out my hand to help her off stormfly she gladly accepted it and slid of toothless back. "hey hiccup what's this building for." "well, this Astrid is the stables/infirmary we look after sick or injured dragons here, there are stables inside for them to stay in whilst healing."

Astrid pov

I wasn't sure what to say this place was amazing even though id only seen a little bit I could tell I was going to enjoy being here.

...........

After hiccup had given me a tour, he took me to the only place we hadn't been which I'm guessing is where his friends are as I hadn't seen them at all during the tour. When we walked in the boys were arm-wrestling and the girls were playing some sort of board game id never seen before. (maces and talents from rtte) "gang this is Astrid. Astrid this is Gunnar" he says pointing to the black heir "blitzed" pointing to the white hair boy "rowan" pointing at the girl with long brown hair and was shorter than the others "and Freya" he says pointing to the taller girl. "so, your Astrid." For a second I thought she was going to be my worst nightmare on this island like Snotlout was back at Berk "we've been wait what feels like forever to meet you." Rowan said in a really enthusiastic tone, "you'll be staying with me until we can get you your own hut." She then walked out and hiccup motioned me to follow her. Once we were outside the clubhouse she went up to a line and took something out of her pocket and attached it to the zipline and then went down. The zipline took her to one of the 7 huts. I called out. "hey we might have a problem how am I supposed to get down!" then out of nowhere hiccup appeared and told me to borrow his connecter to down as long as I gave them back after he makes me a pair. After I got down to the hut rowan showed me my bead in went off for a flight telling me I could do whatever I wanted and that if I got hungry there where snacks in the clubhouse and diner would be at 7pm. and then added that Freya was cooking tonight and i was about to have the best meal of my life.