Chapter Two: Luke

Chapter Two:

Luke

            For the life of me I couldn't remember where I was. My vision was blurry and my head pounded like a mother.

            "What the fuck?" I whispered.

            "Language," I heard from beside me.

            I turned my head to see Kaylee Burnett driving the car I was in, smiling slightly.

            "What-"

            "Go to sleep Luke. I'll wake you up when we're at your house."

            I was still drunk, clearly, and realized that I couldn't go home either way. Most of the time, when I was drunk, I could still make rational decisions, it just meant that I was almost to the point of being hung-over. My least favorite part of being drunk.

            "I can't go home," I said to her. She looked at me for a second, her eyes frowning.

            "Well where the fuck am I supposed to take you?" I heard her say.

            "What happened to the language?" I joked. See? Rational!

            "Luke. I'm serious."

            I knew that. "Can I crash at your place? Are your parents home?"

            She frowned slightly. "I don't live with them anymore. Moved out when I was seventeen."

            Yeah, I remembered her saying something like that to a friend once. "Then is it okay if I crash with you?"

            She shrugged. "If you don't mind sleeping on the couch."

            Better than home. "No prob."

            She put the blinker onto the left and it was then that I realized just how close to each other we really lived.

            We reached her apartment in three minutes. Kay parked into an open space, not much open being that it was close to midnight and everyone was at home.

            She opened her door and walked round to my side, opening my door and smiling at me.

            I closed my eyes, well more like they closed for me, and I drifted off to sleep again.

            I felt a light touch on my cheek that made me open my eyes again.

            "You can't fall asleep yet. We gotta get you upstairs first," she said softly.

            I nodded and tried my hardest to understand what she had said but I just couldn't. My head was pounding really badly.

            She reached around me and took off my seatbelt, then started to push me lightly towards her, gripping one of my arms and pulling it over her shoulder. She grunted as she shifted her weight to catch mine better once I was out of the Jeep.

            "Jesus Christ, Luke. Put some effort into it if you want," she joked.

            I chuckled. "I am still very drunk," I mumbled, okay so I slurred.