Chapter Three: Kaylee

Chapter Three:

Kaylee

            "I am still very drunk," he slurred.

I don't know how I put up with this bullshit. It was a good thing he was hot.

            "I realize that," I answered, as we reached my apartment door.

            I grabbed my keys from my pocket and unlocked my door successfully. We stumbled into the room, and I was careful not to turn on any lights.

            I led him to the living room after shutting the front door closed. We separated once he reached the couch.

            Shitface. He was way too big for my small comfy couch. There was no way he could fit.

            A shy smile popped on my face. "Guess we're sharing the bed big guy."

            He nodded, not really hearing what I said. I got his arm over me again and led him back to my room, where my king sized bed took up most of the space. I could afford enough to get a flat screen TV and a nice dresser and vanity. My closet wasn't always full of clothes but it was enough for me to get by comfortably.

            Luke saw my bed, with black and red lines running through the mainly white comforter, and just simply landed on it. He wormed his way up to my pillow and closed his already nearly shut eyes. I heard him sigh once before he fell asleep again.

            I sighed. Quietly, not wanting to wake him up, I walked into my closet and changed into a tank top and shorts to sleep in. Usually, a shirt would do, but I wasn't about to mess around with a drunk guy that could easily take me in a second.

            I turned off the closet light and headed into my bathroom. It was outside of my room and the only bathroom that my apartment had, but it was enough for me. The other room was a library that I'd made specifically so that I could relax after school and work.

            I brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a pony tail, washing my face off. I headed out to my room but stopped at the kitchen, getting myself a glass of water and two aspirin, which I was sure Luke would want once he woke up.

            Turning off all the lights and making sure the front door was locked, I made my way back upstairs, wanting to lie in bed and just go to sleep already. But no. My life couldn't be that easy.