Chapter Twenty One: Kaylee

Chapter Twenty One

Kaylee

There's a time period in your sleep where you think you're asleep, you feel like you're asleep, but you know you aren't. And that's the time period where you feel like a creeper. People think you don't hear them, but you do.

"Do you?" Questioning.

"I don't know." Sigh.

"You know." Accusing.

"Yeah, I know." Sigh.

"So you do?" Excitement.

"Yeah." Resignment.

"How much?" Curiosity.

"A whole fucking lot, man. Scary amounts." Fear.

Laughter.

I wasn't really sure what they were talking about, but Luke seemed to admit something that wasn't exactly a good thing, though not necessarily a bad thing either.

And then I heard footsteps retreating, leaving the room. Jessie probably went somewhere.

I was about to let Luke know I was awake when I heard heels. Fast stepping heels. Loud as hell heels.

What the fuck?

"Lukey!!" a whiny ass voice said. Heather.

Shitface.

Luke laughed. "Glad to see you're awake baby girl," he whispered.

I opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me, holding me to him. I was still lying on his chest like I'd last been.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked him, whispering.

"Yeah honey, ya did," a voice said. Ah, hell. I'd forgotten about Queen Bitch over here. That's what Luke's eyes did to me.

Luke looked at me for a second then turned his gaze to Heather.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, roughly.

"I came to watch over you, silly," she said, stepping into the room. She was wearing a short, SHORT hot pink skirt and a tank top that would've definitely given us a view of her boobs, if she had any. And of course, can't forget the eight inch stripper heels she was wearing. They even lit up. Slut.

"Excuse me?" she asked, giving me a dirty look.

"Oops," I whispered. Luke just laughed.

 "Well, Heather, you're about four days late for that," Luke said.

"Whaddya mean Lukey?" she asked, playing innocent.

I almost growled. My nickname.

"Calm down, baby girl," Luke said to me. I guess I'd tensed up. "Kaylee's been taking care of me since the night of the crash," Luke added.

Heather looked deflated for a second then recuperated. "Well, if you've been here so long, then she clearly doesn't have what it takes to make you feel better, now, does she?" With that, Heather bent her body forward so that her boobs would be seen, but as I mentioned before, she had no boobs.

I laughed. Then I thought about how ridiculous she looked, and laughed harder. Luke was now laughing with me.

"What the hell is so funny?" she screeched.

Luke and I both flinched at the sound of her voice.

"God. Just shut up!" That was Jessie, who'd come back from the cafeteria, it seemed. He was carrying a bag of M&M's, a bag of Ranch Doritos, and a soft pretzel. Pretzels all the way!