Chapter Thirty Five: Kaylee

Chapter Thirty Five

Kaylee

"Why isn't she crying?" I asked in a panic.

We were in the OR and the doctor had just told me that it was a girl.

"Hold on, baby girl. Give her time," Luke said, trying to calm me down. He looked around the curtain to try to see but his expression didn't give anything off.

After some excruciating minutes of dead silence in the room, we heard that screeching cry that I'd been dying to hear. It was music to my ears.

I sighed in relief and started to cry. My baby girl is here.

She was quickly wrapped into a pink blanket and taken to one of the little stations. I waited to see her, and was so anxious that I didn't hear the doctor talking again in a rushed tone.

When I finally noticed, I asked Luke, "What's going on?"

"I don't..." he didn't finish.

Suddenly, I felt a giant pressure pushing down on my stomach and cried out in panic.

"What's happening?" I yelled, closing my eyes.

No one answered and I hated the feeling of helplessness I had.

The shock came when that pressure was reduced and another crying noise followed. My eyes opened and my jaw dropped.

"What the hell?" Luke whispered.

"It's a boy!" The doctor yelled. Everyone started to clap after those words.

A boy? I had twins? What the fuck?

"Hon, you're talking aloud," Luke let me know.

I couldn't even smile or blush this time. "We had twins?"

"Apparently," he said, calmly looking over the curtain.

"Here they are," the doctor said, showing me Eve first and then the unnamed baby boy. They were both absolutely precious and I was basically sobbing at this point.

"Lily Rose, Evan James, Kristofer Drew, Eve Marisol, and Troy Jackson," Luke named off. Lil and Evan were sleeping on the couch, huddled together. Kris was down by my feet on the bed, also asleep. Eve and Troy were being held by me and Luke.

With the insane revelation that I'd actually conceived twins, the kids were completely worn out. I really wasn't sure how we'd be able to pull this off. This madness of having five kids under five to take care of.

I never imagined my life would end up this way, but I was sure that it was the life I wanted. I chose to take in twins at barely twenty years old, Luke and I chose to have Kris once the twins were older, and now, I was given the amazing gift of having twins again at twenty five.

"I think we're good for a few years," I joked.

"You think?" he asked rhetorically.

"Maybe just one more," I said. "I like even numbers."

Luke groaned. "Of course you do." And kissed my lips.

The End