Chapter Twenty Two: Luke

Chapter Twenty Two

Luke

Now or never. Now. No. Yes! Now.

My mind raced back and forth and I didn't know what I was thinking.

"Now," I said, mostly to myself.

"Now?" Kaylee asked, turning her face to look at me.

Those fucking lips could kill a man.

She giggled. "I think my habit of speaking out loud is catching."

Shit. "Well, it's true," I whispered.

Slowly I bent my head towards her, and prayed that no one would come in to interrupt us this time. My lips touched her as I hesitated but the shock that coursed through my blood was intense and there was no denying it.

"Screw it," I whispered against her lips. She pulled my head down to hers fiercely and kissed me like I'd never been kissed before.

"Luke," she said, after a while. Our breathing was rough and fast but we both had smiles on our faces.

"Baby?"

She just grinned and turned to face me again, pulling our heads together, kissing me as passionately as before, if not more.

Minutes passed and I was the one to pull away. "I think...I think I may love you Kaylee." I was practically breathless but I just had to let it out.

She gasped but quickly pecked my lips. She pulled away too fast for anything to start up again. "I know I love you Luke."

We sighed simultaneously and just started at each other for a while. Finally, Kaylee fell asleep and I followed after her.