Chapter Twenty Seven: Kaylee

Kaylee

The rest of the day went by fast as lightning. Luke had to finish math homework, which was a chore in itself. I cleaned around the apartment, hating the dust that had gathered in all the nooks and crannies. I wasn't obsessed with cleanliness, but I couldn't stand to have everything dirty and disgusting.

By four in the afternoon, Luke and I were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching a movie together.

"What time did you have to go?" I asked, cuddling closer to him under his arm.

"I have to be there around five but I don't think the game starts until like seven."

"That many people want to know what happened?" I asked again.

"Naw. You know Jessie exaggerates. I think he just wants me to hang around with the guys for a little while. Be there while the coach gives them a pep talk and all."

"Oh," I said. I thought people were gonna be mobbing around him asking questions. Huh.

"I understand if you don't wanna go," he said. His arm had been around my shoulders on the sofa the whole movie but he shifted so he was somewhat hugging me.

"Oh I do, it's just...well, what am I gonna do for two hours?" I asked.

"Stay with me," he said.

I looked up at him, confused. "I'll be going in and out of the gym, just walking around and talking to people. You can stay with me and make sure I don't die of exhaustion by the end of the night."

Suddenly, I thought came into my mind. "That's another thing I had to talk to you about. When are you allowed to start driving again?"

"Uh, next Monday, I think. The doctor said that I could get dizzy randomly and he didn't want me to be driving through one of those spells," he explained.

"And you're sure you want to go back to school on Monday?"

"Well, I don't want to, but I will. I mean, I've already missed five days, and your five days aren't even excused."

I nodded and cuddled closer to him. His arm wrapped tighter around me and I turned to kiss his bicep.

"Like the muscles, baby girl?" he teased.

"Eh, I've seen better," I teased back.

He gasped. "Oh, the outrage!"

We laughed together until I realized that we'd have to leave in an hour and I still had to take a shower.

"Okay, I'm gonna go shower and see if I can do anything to my hair to make it presentable." I got up and began walking away.

Luke still managed to smack my ass.

I glared at him playfully and he just smirked back. "It's a habit," he explained.

"Riiiight," I answered, walking away.

I quickly took a shower and began working on straightening my hair. I rarely did it, just because the back of it always ended up messed up. I never really had anyone to help me. Even with something as simple as that.

It was already four thirty and I was nowhere near done when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. My hair in the front was straight but the back was just a mess, as usual. I tightened the towel around my torso and opened the door.

"Don't laugh at me. I suck at doing my hair," I said, turning around to face the mirror.

Luke simply chuckled and moved into the bathroom. He inspected my hair and began to stroke the back softly, combing it with his fingers.