Chapter Nine: Luke

Chapter Nine:

Luke

I froze. Kaylee was beautiful. I'd never seen her half naked before and it had little Luke rising up to the occasion. She wasn't skinny, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. She had curves, in every single place that a man could ever want in his woman.

But holy hell, Kay was hot. Who knew behind the smartness, a hot piece of ass lay?

I certainly didn't. But that didn't mean that I wasn't willing to give it a try now.

Shit! I still had to get dressed and go to work.

I hurried past her bedroom door to get my clothes, which I had inconveniently left in the bathroom. I dressed quickly, trying not to think about her nakedness and hurried back to her room with the wet towel in my hand.

"Where should I put this?" I said, signaling to the towel.

She was standing by her window, arms crossed, looking outside. She spared me a glance and then turned back to the morning outside.

 "Just throw it on the floor...I'm gonna wash it later anyways."

I did as she said and waited for her.

Kaylee sighed and I knew that whatever she was thinking wasn't particularly good.

"What's wrong Kaylee?" I asked.

"Huh?" she seemed to snap out of it then.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Nothing," she lied.

I cocked my eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yes, really." Her expression changed from that of embarrassment to anger in a flash.

"Whoa, chill. I'm only trying to see if I can help," I said, palms facing her in a sign of surrender.

Kay sighed again. This really wasn't good.

"Sorry Luke."

I shrugged. "It's okay. C'mon. I gotta go get my truck and head on to work."

She nodded and grabbed her purse from her dresser and set off. I followed her out of the apartment, waited for her to lock the door, and resumed following her to her car.

I could barely remember that it was a Jeep, but considering it was the only black Wrangler around, I guessed it was that one.

We made our way to her car and then silence ensued. It was killing me. I really wanted to know what had her so angry and pissed off at me. I hadn't done anything wrong. Okay, so one swat to the butt hasn't ever hurt anyone. There's no reason for her to freak out the way she did.

Finally I couldn't stand it anymore.

"What's up Kaylee?" I asked. My voice a lot more forceful that I thought.

She turned to me for a brief second and I could see her eyes swell with tears.