Chapter Eight: Kaylee

Chapter Eight:

Kaylee

I stood in front of the fridge, wondering what I would make for breakfast. I had no idea what time Luke was leaving. We had drifted off the topic and I'd never gotten a real answer.

I grabbed a box of beaten eggs and some ham and cheddar cheese. I felt like omelets today.

In a couple of minutes I was sitting down by the little island I had in the kitchen, enjoying my omelet and orange juice.

I wondered when Luke would get out already. Maybe he'd fallen asleep again. I tried not to care...and failed miserably.

I heard the door open but refused to turn around. I knew I was blushing profusely for whatever reason, but I didn't want Luke to see me. He walked to the bathroom.

"Kaylee!" he called from the bathroom. It was on the other side of the apartment, much farther from the kitchen than my bedroom.

"Yeah?!"

"Where are your towels?" he asked.

Oh my god...he was going to take a shower in my bathroom. The wave of pure desire rushed through my veins. Naked Luke. In my shower. I tried to find my voice.

"Cupboard under the sink!" I yelled back.

"Thanks Kay!"

I didn't answer. I heard the shower turn on.

"Luke!" I called. No answer.

"Lukey-boy!" I shouted again. If there was one name he would answer to, it was that. Just because he absolutely hated it. I'd seen his face when previous "girlfriends" tried to be "cute".

I heard no answer.

I walked to my bedroom and gathered up my clothes from my closet. I thought about what to wear, not really knowing what I was going to do for the rest of the day. I had my panties and bra on, a hand on my hip and holding out a sundress in my other hand.

Nah. I took out a pair of shorts. Nah. Jeans. Nah. Sweatpants. Yes.

I threw the sweatpants onto my bed from my closet and started to look for a shirt.

Orange. Nah. Red. Nope. Black and white. Ehhh. Maybe just white. I was looking through for a simple white shirt when I heard a hiss from behind me.

I turned around so fast I almost lost my balance.

Luke was standing at the door, with only a towel around his waist, his chest glistening with water droplets. The urge to lick them away had me frozen in shock.

Holy shit I was in heaven.

"Uh," he said, looking at me up and down. Fuck I was half naked!

I tried to cover myself up with a blanket I had folded up in one of the top shelves but before I could manage it, Luke was standing two inches from me.

His eyes held my gaze and I almost died. He was so hot.

"Don't cover yourself up Kay. You're gorgeous."

I blinked. Say what?

He smirked. Love his smirk. "You are, you know. Absolutely beautiful."

I sighed. "You're just saying that so I'll give you a ride to your truck," I said lightly, trying to divert his gaze from my body to my face.

He smiled, not smirked, smiled. "Got me."

I rolled my eyes. "Get outta here. I have to change."

Luke chuckled lightly and finally looked at my face. "You threw your clothes on the bed. Gonna have to come out to get 'em."

"Shut up and hand me my clothes," I scolded, smiling. I had the blanket around me then, but it only covered my torso and just past my ass. I had a huge ass.

"Aw, really?" he whined like a five year old. "And I was hoping I could see you naked!"

My jaw dropped. "Insensitive asshole," I muttered, once I saw his smirk again.

"What was that babe?" he teased.

"And don't call me babe!" I yelled, though I secretly loved it. I walked past him to get my clothes from the bed, having to squeeze through the doorway, considering the fact that he was still standing there.

He lightly smacked my ass as I flew by him. I whipped around and glared at him, trying not to encourage him, though his angelic face had me entranced.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, laughing lightly.

"I think I'm still drunk," he answered.

I laughed. "Yeah, cuz that would make sense."

But inside, I was sad. He'd only made those stupid moves on me because he believed he was still drunk. Jackass.

I quickly pulled my sweatpants on under my blanket and turned around to give myself a little bit of privacy as I pulled on my shirt. Considering he was still staring at me, I felt my whole body flush.