Chapter Five: Luke

Chapter Five:

Luke

            Kaylee fell asleep in two minutes, I could tell by her breathing, but I just couldn't do the same. I knew if I opened my eyes, the light would sting, even though it was still so early in the morning. I just pulled her even closer than her attempts at putting us closer, and kissed her hair.

            She smelled so good. Like some sort of fruity thing. Amazing.

I didn't really know Kaylee, apart from having the hugest crush on her when we were younger. I had a bunch of classes with her back then but I haven't seen her for years. High school was definitely the breaking point in our friendship, if you could even call it that, but I was glad, for whatever unknown reason, that she was the one that had taken care of me last night.

            I knew that if I had been with friends, I would most likely be in a bedroom in some house that I didn't know, with some girl I didn't know, maybe two, and with a hang-over bad enough to make me want to go blind.

            I laughed lightly when I realized that I was, in fact, in an unknown bedroom, with a girl that I didn't really know, and a hang-over bad enough to make me want to go blind. But I felt okay with that. I was okay with being in this unknown bedroom, with this unknown girl, and well....maybe I could do without the massive headache.

            Kaylee felt good in my arms. She wasn't tiny, like all the other girls that I'd been with before. I wasn't afraid of actually holding her, scared I would break her. She wasn't a real girly-girl, though the boots she'd been wearing last night said otherwise. I knew that she wasn't afraid of breaking a nail if need be.

            I found all these things surprisingly attractive as I measured how good she felt against my body.

            Without realizing it, I slowly fell back asleep.