Chapter 12

That bastard Angel, made us so super late that I got reprimanded by both my dad and Bishop. So now I'm out cleaning and gassing up EVERYONE'S bike. "Babe, you don't have to do my bike, I'm all gassed up." Angel tells me this and all I do is glare back at him and clean his bike, as well as check the engine itself. He backs away knowing he won’t win this argument with me. Bishop yells “Jessa! Inside, now!” I walk towards the clubhouse after dropping the tank of gas on the ground. Bishop tells me to head into templo and tells Angel to do the same, we take out our phones and guns and put them in their baskets and walk right in. As soon as we got into the templo I saw maps, schematics, surveillance photos, mock ups, etc., all on the table. Bishop comes in and walks around the table to his seat and looks at me. “Mija, you recognize this place?” I actually do, it's an old abandoned warehouse in the arts district of Downtown LA. “Yeah, an old warehouse that has been abandoned, I have used it for some photo shoots for some modeling agency as a backdrop. Why?” “Because this is where we traced this Guerito, from across the pond who has brought in the guns and drugs.” Bishop shows me the photo and I freeze up and I widen my eyes, while I feel that all the color on my face is drained away. Angel sees me and says “you know him don’t you?” I nod my head and hang it low and place my hands on the edge of the table. I clear my throat and look at all the guys, seeing that they are waiting for a response from me on why and how I know him.

“When traveling with Mom,” --I look at pops for this, “I was a stupid teenager, I met him on the streets of London, he was cute and handsome, cared for me and made the world beautiful with his words. He made me forget the past,” --this time I look at Angel for this. “He was my first in everything, I was so wrapped up in him and so was mom, that she left me there with him for a bit to go to Russia for something and she’d be back. She had told me that if anything happens to go to one of Dad’s friends from the army who lives in Ireland for a safe passage home. So I stayed with him and when he introduced me to his start up empire, I was doing well with it, but when it came to it that I caught him fucking some whore in our bed and later killed after he finished, I didn’t want that to happen to me, so I hightailed it out of there and instead of coming home to you pops, I went to Russia and looked for mom. I know where she was because I went there once with her, it was for her treatment of her sickness.” I sighed and continued.

“I told mom all about him and his ‘empire’ and she had us get out of there and changed our names when traveling so he wouldn’t follow us or track us. She did everything the way you taught her pops. And we have been hiding from him for about 10 years now. I’m surprised to see him stateside.” 

Hank, Bishop, and Angel, didn’t know what to make of it and just stood there quietly, Coco however, he came behind me and hugged me. He was always a big brother to me and knew when to give love when needed, even though he really doesn’t express it openly that much.