Chapter 1

Welcome to California! The sunny state that you could snowboard in the morning, surf in the afternoon, and party all night long. Well in whatever city you live in that is partly true. I live in L.A., so every weekend is always so noisy and bright. Been here 12 years, never once been out there, you'd think of being here for so long I would be out there with the rest of the crowd all gussied up and partying and looking for some one night stands. But nope, I am not, I rather be with someone for the right reasons than for the wrong ones. It's like that part of the song that goes:

I see your hair is burning

Hills are filled with fire

If they say I never loved you

You know they are a liar

Driving down your freeways

Midnight alleys roam

Cops in cars, the topless bars

Never saw a woman so alone

So alone, so alone, so alone

Motel money murder-madness

Let's change the mood from glad to sadness

Jimi boy knew what he was talking about, even if some didn't understand what was going on in his head, some of the time. I think of my life in all of the years I have been here while looking out my 1 bedroom apartment window trying to look at the stars. Then I hear my phone ringing, then I answered it and not look who is calling,

"Hello?"

"Mija?"

"Heya, pops, what's going on? Are my aunts okay?"

"Yeah they're fine, just wanted to talk to you is all"

"Okay sure, well I am always here as a soundboard, what's up?"

"Things have not been so good here and I need you, how long can you get off work?"

"Daddy, first, I am my own boss, I can move anywhere, so I am okay there. Second, I am glad that you asked me to come back, I was just sitting here contemplating whether to pick up and move somewhere else. 12 years is too long to be in one place for me..."

"Haha, you remind me so much of your mother, she was nicknamed 'gypsy' because she could never stay so long in one place"

"Haha, yeah don't I know it..."

"So, you are willing to pack up and come home then?"

"Yeah pops, I am. Shouldn't take me that long to pack up my shoebox of an apartment and head on down there."

"Okay, how much time are you going to need to pack up everything and get down to Santo Padre?"

"Well I need to settle some other stuff after packing, shouldn't take no longer than three weeks, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah Mija, should be perfect, that way I could get a house settled for you by the time you get down here."

"Daddy, no, you shouldn't have to do that, I could stay at the clubhouse until I find a place to live in. Even then I would probably roam around because of my job..."

"No mija, let me do this for you, it's the least I can do for you when you are leaving everything you've known and moving just for me."

"No daddy, you're actually saving me from a lifetime of more boredom. I will call you when everything is settled and I am on my way down, okay?"

"Okay Mija, you be careful and drive safe."

"I will daddy, Love you, see you soon."

"Love you too mi hermosa mia, see you soon."

I hang up the phone and start making a list of all the things that are in each room and start packing from there tomorrow in the morning. Hoping leaving L.A. is for the best and not the worst.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone, I hope you like this first chapter, it's my FIRST time writing a fan fiction, will try to do my best, please vote and comment as you like. Thank You!