Chapter 6

After closing up shop I packed a few things for the weekend and headed towards Vickie’s place. Once I got there I was greeted by her and then by my two best girlfriends, Xiomara and Mitzy. “AH! Xo, Mitz!!” we squealed and laughed and then hugged each other. “Oh My God Jessa! It's so good to see you! Doesn't she look good Mitz?” Xo had expressed. Mitzy had nodded and agreed with Xo, “Yeah she does, the only thing is she lost her tan. She was so super dark when she was here with us.” we all laughed “Yeah I did, been cooped up in the city for about 12 years and that just gets to you.” I said. 

The girls saw my bag and took me to the room I always use when I am there.  So we were talking for a bit and Mitzy had discovered that I had the look of frustration on my face. “Hey, why so sour?” which in turn I said “not sour, just frustrated is all” Xo says, “So spill, we’re here to listen and help just like you have always done for us over the years girly before you left for good.” She laughs and side hugs me, and I start to spill everything, like not just tipping the glass over a little bit, but I mean opening the fucking damn and letting all the water out. Mitzy, after hearing everything, tells me “Then you know what you should do about all this?” I shake my head and look at her and wait for her answer.  “You should do what you always did to clear your head when things like this get too heated,”  I look at her even more and tell her “you know what youre right. I'll do just that tonight,  but do you think Vickie will let us?” 

She just smirks at me and nods yes. Later that night the house was filled with just us girls and Vicki had closed for the night of ‘gentleman callers’ and told them the girls needed some time off for some rest and relaxation. I sat near Sara by the piano, she was a talented pianist, and she played a few songs and I hummed along. When Vicki came in and told us the dining table had some drinks and snacks we all went in and grabbed some then went to the sitting area and enjoyed the night of fun and music. After a few drinks of wine in me, I let loose my voice near Sara and sang some songs. There was one song I knew by heart and I asked Sara if I could play it and she had said it was okay, So I switched seats and took over the piano and started to play and sing at the same time.

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me

This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy

I need somebody to heal

Somebody to know

Somebody to have

Somebody to hold

It's easy to say

But it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain

Now the day bleeds

Into nightfall

And you're not here

To get me through it all

I let my guard down

And then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to

This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you

Now, I need somebody to know

Somebody to heal

Somebody to have

Just to know how it feels